USB drive issue

Solved
Hello everyone,
I have a USB stick that I've had for 6 months, and until now it has always worked fine. However, yesterday, when I connected it to my computer, the auto-run did not open, and my USB stick is not showing up in "Computer". However, when I insert or remove it, my computer makes the usual "beep". Furthermore, my USB stick is showing up in "Devices and Printers" under the name "SM3255AA MEMORY BAR" and in the device manager in the "Disk Drives" section under the name "USB MEMORY BAR USB Device". But I can't access its content.
My computer is 9 months old, running Windows 7, with 4 GB of RAM, and an AMD Dual Core P360 Dual Core Processor.
Thank you for your help.

10 answers

  1. If you have an antivirus, try running a scan on your USB drive; I would lean towards a virus...
    -1
    1. As an antivirus, I have Avast, but since my key is not recognized by "computer," I can't run a scan on it.
      0
    2. ah yes, I finally managed to start the scan but Avast is telling me THAT SOME FILES COULD NOT BE SCANNED
      0
  2. Sorry, but try another antivirus; Avast is a bit crappy... try Anti Malware.
    0
    1. I downloaded Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware and scanned my USB key.
      At the end of the scan, the software found no viruses.
      0
    2. Here is the scan report:
      Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1.1000
      www.malwarebytes.org

      Database version: v2012.03.06.06

      Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
      Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
      julien :: JULIEN-HP [administrator]

      06/03/2012 18:55:26
      mbam-log-2012-03-06 (18-55-26).txt

      Scan type: Full scan
      Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristic/Extra | Heuristic/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
      Scan options disabled: P2P
      Item(s) scanned: 179764
      Elapsed time: 1 minute(s), 5 second(s)

      Memory processes detected: 0
      (No malicious items detected)
      0
  3. Have you tried other USB ports or another computer? If another computer recognizes it, back up your data on that computer and format your drive; that should work.
    1
    1. On other USB ports it still doesn't work, and now I'm going to try it on another computer.
      0
  4. Good evening

    in Disk Management, you need to change the letter assigned to your USB key, it may not have been assigned

    this happens often :-)
    --
    Cerelog
    Nobody is perfect Personne n'est parfait
    1
    1. Good evening
      where is disk management?
      0
    2. I have the same problem, but changing the letter doesn't change anything. Can you help me? It is invisible and unallocated.
      0
  5. start / right-click on computer then manage

    then disk management

    --
    Cerelog
    Nobody is perfect Personne n'est parfait
    1
    1. Thank you, I found it and now I need to right-click on my drive, then "Change Drive Letter and Paths," and then what do I do next?
      0
  6. It is necessary to assign a letter to make the key visible

    --
    Cerelog
    Nobody is perfect Personne n'est parfait
    1
    1. So I go to "edit" and I choose any letter?
      0
  7. yes, these are the availability letters

    --
    Cerelog
    Nobody is perfect Personne n'est parfait
    1
    1. but then I put a letter (I put the letter I) and then I took it out, then I put my key back, but it still doesn't work.
      0
  8. it should not be removed right away

    we need to check if it appears on the computer next to C
    --
    Cerelog
    Nobody is perfect Personne n'est parfait
    -1
    1. I just did the operation again, but this time I chose the letter B and looked in "computer," my key still doesn't appear!!
      0
  9. can you take a screenshot of disk management
    --
    Cerelog
    Nobody is perfect Personne n'est parfait
    1
    1. Uh, I took the screenshot but I can't paste it here.
      0
    2. So what should I do??
      0
    3. Désolé, je ne peux pas accéder aux liens ou aux images. Veuillez fournir le texte que vous souhaitez traduire.
      0
    4. Désolé, je ne peux pas accéder aux contenus d'URL ou d'images. Si tu as un texte à traduire, je suis là pour t'aider !
      0
  10. It's thanks to the letter you assigned to him

    --
    Cerelog
    Nobody is perfect Personne n'est parfait
    1
    1. surely but in any case thank you very much
      0
    2. Hello,
      I have the same problem but changing the letter doesn't change anything. Can you help me?
      0