Olympus E-400 Issue

Solved
Hello everyone, I'm here to ask for help because I have a major issue with my Olympus E-400 reflex camera!

Let me explain:

I turn on the camera, frame the shot, half-press the button, it focuses, I press fully, the photo is taken. But once the "click" sound indicates that the photo has been taken, I feel like the camera resets (the blue LED SSWF lights up (vibration to remove internal dust), and the power/charging button lights up very dimly, turns off and then back on.)

I noticed this phenomenon a few months ago, but I turned off and on the camera, and it was fine, but now I can't take any photos!

Thank you for your help!

Djremi71

Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 6.0.2

3 answers

  1. Hello
    it might be a writing issue with your memory card
    try using a different brand of card
    -otherwise... is your card not full? (hence the inability to save new images
    -is your battery in good condition? do a full charge and try again
    -otherwise I don't see any other solution than to return it for repair

    good luck
    0
    1. Thank you for your suggestions, but I had already thought about it!

      I found a technique: you really have to press on the casing to the right of the lens!!!!

      Really strange! I really wonder where it could be coming from.....
      0
      1. Hello,
        I have the same problem with my Olympus E-400, djremi71 can you explain your technique to solve the issue?
        Best regards
        1
        1. I sent the device to customer service through my photographer, and it was an electronic problem...
          weird...

          Anyway, my device is working again now.
          0
        2. Thank you, I have the same issue with an E510.
          0
        3. The repair, since it is electronic, should not be given.. :( ?
          0
        4. Indeed, it's not cheap!!!
          0
        5. Can you specify which play it is, djremi71, so I can talk about it with my photographer? Thank you.
          0