'shutdown' is not recognized ...

Solved
Hello,
Today I opened my command prompt, I typed shutdown -i, and it displayed this: "'shutdown' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." This is not the first time this has happened to me, and with many other commands too!

How can I fix this problem, please?

Configuration: Windows Vista

--
"Live your dreams"
"Unachievable dreams are the best!"

3 answers

  1. Hello

    try launching cmd as an admin or enter your command in Run
    0
    1. For shutdown -i it works, for nbtstat not for the others I haven't tried
      --
      "Live your dreams"
      "Unrealizable dreams are the best!"
      1
      1. Ok, test it and let me know what you think :)
        0
      2. shutdown, nbtstat, net view, netstat aren't working!
        0
      3. I am the total admin of my PC and the commands work well, it's strange that it doesn't work for you, what exactly does it tell you?
        0
      4. It tells me this: ''shutdown'' is not recognized as an internal or external command, an executable program or a command file. And the same goes for the other commands.

        You are fully admin, how can I check if I am, and if not, how can I become one?
        0
      5. try copying/pasting the cmd shortcut to your desktop to run it as admin (right click)
        Do you have the UAC (window that asks you to continue or cancel) that opens when you execute an action?

        If yes, you are not fully admin
        To fix this, it's simple, follow this, I did it http://www.jenyburn.com/devenir-administrateur-de-windows-vista-une-fois-pour-toutes/
        0