Difference between two access tables
Hello,
I have two Access tables, table2 is the result of a query selecting from table1, so all the rows in table2 are contained in table1.
I would like to retrieve the differing rows between these two tables (table1 - table2).
Thank you in advance.
I have two Access tables, table2 is the result of a query selecting from table1, so all the rows in table2 are contained in table1.
I would like to retrieve the differing rows between these two tables (table1 - table2).
Thank you in advance.
2 answers
-
By a query maybe?
You create a query from table 2, in creation mode you insert table 1, and display the fields, you establish the links from the elements of table 2 to table 1 by choosing, "property: include all records from table 2 and only those from table 1 where the links are equal."
When you run the query, you will see that all elements of table 2 appear along with those from table 1 that are relevant, while the others remain empty. Just enter "null" in the "criteria" of the query for the concerned column of table 1 and you will get the rows of table 1 that do not exist in table 2.
Not easy to explain like this, I wouldn't manage it in SQL mode, but if there's an easier way, go ahead guys, let loose!