OracleServiceXE error is present on the sys

Solved
Good evening,

I uninstalled Oracle 10g and when I reinstall it, an error message blocks the installation:
The installation cannot continue because the service OracleServiceXE is present on the system. Remove it, reinstall the system, and start the installation.

Is there anyone who can help me reinstall Oracle 10g?
Thank you in advance.

Configuration: Windows Vista / Safari 534.3

5 answers

  1. I skipped this step and went straight to the registry to delete the keys.
    I illustrated my steps with this tutorial https://fadace.developpez.com/oracle/desinstall/

    And finally, I managed to reinstall it :))))

    Thank you finally jee pee for your helpfulness, have a good evening.
    3
    1. Moderator
      Hello,

      You probably have one (or more) Windows services running.

      To find them: control panel/administrative tools/services

      In the list, look for all services that start with Oraclexxx

      Right-click to stop them first

      Then retrieve their full name by opening the service

      Then under the command line (cmd) type

      sc delete oraclexxx (the exact name found above)

      After that, you may want to delete the Oracle key in the registry under hklm/software

      And under program files (or wherever it was installed), delete the Oracle directory

      Best regards

      A stranger is a friend we haven't met yet.
      1
      1. Thank you very much, it works.

        0
    2. Hello,

      Thank you jee pee for your response, everything works well until I get to the MS-DOS command prompt! An error message prevents me from deleting the oracle service:

      C:\Users\user>sc delete OracleJobSchedulerXE
      [SC] OpenService failed(s) 5 :

      Access denied.

      C:\Users\user>sc delete OracleServiceXE
      [SC] OpenService failed(s) 5 :

      Access denied.

      C:\Users\user>


      I would be very happy if you could help me again with this.
      0
      1. Moderator
        You may not have stopped the services before deleting them,

        to stop try:

        sc stop OracleJobSchedulerXE

        sc stop OracleServiceXE

        or you are not logged in with an administrator account.

        A foreigner is a friend we haven't met yet.
        0