Batch file "hide the command prompt on startup"

Hello,

I created a small batch file, but I don't want to see the CMD window.

My batch file opens a file and to do so, it opens the CMD, runs the command, and then closes the CMD. I don't want the CMD to be visible. How can I make it invisible or hidden on the screen?

Thank you
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 8.0

3 answers

  1. Hello

    Right-click on your batch file and then on Create shortcut, then click on the shortcut and go to properties and change the word Normal window to Minimized and there you go.. your CMD will be minimized in the taskbar.

    karirovax ;)
    6
    1. It's simple, it's @echo off !!!
      -4
      1. You didn't understand, did you...
        1
      2. "cmdow @ /hide" this command doesn't work.
        1
      3. You must mark cmdow @ /HID at the very beginning of the .bat file!
        1
      4. @Anonymous user

        No, it doesn't work "cmd @/HID" it doesn't hide the cmd at all!

        0
      5. @Emmanuel587

        Hello too,

        It's not cmd @/HID but cmdow @ /HID and that probably won't work either in its current state: cmdow is an external command, in French an utility that has to be installed under C:\Windows\System32.

        I don't know if this utility works on Windows 10/11 either, there seems to be nothing preventing it if it's 32 bits.

        https://ritchielawrence.github.io/cmdow/

        0
    2. Hello,

      CMDOW is an application that you place in C:\Windows\System32 that will allow you to hide your CMD window.

      In your batch file, you include:

      cmdow @ /hide


      Best regards.
      2