Tabulation-InDesign

Hello,
I would like to know how to create a dotted tabulation in InDesign. I’m trying but I'm not managing to do it.
Thank you
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.0.7

1 answer

  1. Contributor
    Good evening,
    …the dotted lines (or others) are adjusted with the Tabulation palette (Shift+Ctrl+T)…
    • Select a tab stop on the ruler.
    • Enter a character: in your case the point (.) in the Leading_Point_area.
    • Confirm (Enter).
    1. It doesn't work!
    2. You need to enter a data point of dimension (even fictitious) in position (e.g. 10), and below put the dot (.).
    3. In summary for an automatic dotted line in Quark XPress:
      - Go to Style - Then Tabs
      - In "Position": enter, for example, 10
      - In "Aligned on": enter, for example, a dot (.)
      - Validate.
      - Back in the file, press ALT+TAB to create the line
      - It is possible to then select the dotted line and give them a smaller font size (e.g., 4 for much finer dots).