What is trap and close?

Hello,
Does anyone know what "trap and close" is?
If so, what is needed to implement it on a network?

Thank you in advance.

4 answers

  1. So there are the two names.
    Port-security, I think it’s a Cisco designation.
    0
  2. No, it has nothing to do with firewalls. It's much simpler and older.
    The trap and close is a mechanism that locks a switch or ethernet hub port when it has been connected to a device with an incorrect MAC address (ISO layer No. 2). Specifically, on a wall socket, there is only one device that is allowed. If another device is plugged in, the socket is locked and cannot be used until a network administrator unlocks it.
    0
    1. Thank you,
      I know this as port-security, I've never seen it called trap and close.
      --
      and ... There you go!
      0
    2. You answered the question exactly.
      0
  3. There is a good chance...
    In that case, could you give me more information
    about firewalls, network protection, and VLANs.
    0
    1. Hi,
      does it have anything to do with firewalls?

      and ... There you go!
      0