Games, Java and Samsung F490

Solved/Closed
Good evening everyone,

I got the F490, but I can't seem to (like many others) get the JAVA applications to work even though Google Maps is already installed on it as a JAVA application... so I don't understand why it accepts some and not others.

I also tried using the JAR and JAD files, but the phone says "unsupported file type" even though it's still the latest release from Samsung...

Anyway, if someone has a solution to my problem, I would be extremely grateful!

Have a good evening.

45 answers

  1. So here it is, I have almost all the answers that respond to everything
    Well, you need a specific activation code for the F 490 that will allow you to read .jad and .jar files and from there we can go to any site where we can download free .jad and .jar games!!!!!!!!

    So the last problem """ what is the activation code """
    3
    1. Désolé, je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
      0
      1. Do you know the ringtone code for this phone please!?
        0
        1. Hello everyone, do you have a website where I can download .jar games that are touchscreen compatible? Because most of the games start but don't respond when I touch the screen.
          And completely free games.
          I've been struggling to find any for 2 days, the only games I've found are puzzle games and it's getting boring, so if anyone can help me that would be nice, thanks.
          0
          1. The Procedure: (Exclusively for all Samsung
            [hide]On the phone, go to JAVA and select a game
            click "Option" > "Network Settings"

            Enter the following values:
            APN "internet"
            Username "Empty"
            Password "Empty"
            Proxy "Disabled"

            -Connect the phone to the USB cable linked to the computer.

            -Launch Samsung PC Studio 3 and then close it (this activates the USB connection to the D900i)
            -Launch Softick PPP (I used version 3.0)

            When you install it, a Usbsync.dll error will appear; ignore it.
            During the installation, it asks for the "USB Sharing Mode"; check "Use USB port in exclusive Mode"
            configure Softick with a right-click on the small icon next to the time
            -> "Settings..."

            -Go to the "Bluetooth/Serial" tab
            -Select the corresponding Com port for the Device: "/Device/ss_mdm0"
            -Click "Ok"
            A USBPORT.DLL error appears; ignore it and click Cancel.

            In the Softick PPP status, a line appears:
            "Serial/Bluetooth 10.0.0.1 VModem 0 0"

            For Softick PPP, everything is good rolleyes.gif

            -Next, launch "Samsung Java Uploader"
            -Click on "Add"
            -Select the .jad game you want to install on the D900i
            it appears in "midlet name"

            Now let's take care of the phone!

            -Dial the code *#52828378#
            -Once in the menu of this code, go to "OTA type setting"
            -Select "Serial bearer OTA" (the message "registered" will appear at the bottom)
            -Go back to the "Java Test menu"
            -Go to "Serial Test" in "PPP UP"
            -Select "USB"
            -Go to "Serial Download"

            The download takes place and the game works!!
            the .Jad game disappears from the list in "Samsung Java Uploader".

            ps: for Samsung PC Studio to reconnect to your phone, you just need to switch back to "GPRS bearer OTA" (which you modified to "Serial bearer OTA"). It will reconnect your mobile directly

            There you go!
            0
            1. Je suis désolé, je ne peux pas accéder aux liens externes. Veuillez fournir le texte que vous souhaitez que je traduise.
              1
              1. Salut à tous, je voulais juste vous dire que je sais comment mettre les jeux. Le seul hic, c'est que je n'en ai que trois et vous pouvez me donner un site, s'il vous plaît, car désolé de ça, mais le site "emo-coco" n'est pas super, ce sont soit des jeux à trouver au hasard, soit des jeux vraiment pas bien. Donc, si vous pouvez m'en donner un, merci d'avance.
                0
                1. LEARN TO WRITE
                  0
                2. Me too, sir. I tried taking the JAR and JAD files, but the phone says "unsupported file type." What can I do???????????? Please help me.
                  0
              2. Hello, I would like to know if there are applications (for Samsung f490) that allow me to listen to music and read my messages at the same time, and when I am on a call, I can also read them?
                Thank you in advance.
                0
                1. Ebuddy works on my f490 and allows me to run MSN, Facebook, and Google Talk among others.

                  However, it keeps asking me if I want to send personal information blah blah blah, it's really annoying, does anyone know how to fix this issue?

                  It should be noted that the firmware version may prevent some from using some of the few Java applications supported by the f490. I've looked a lot for games and it's tough, nothing really works properly, not even Google Maps. I had the misfortune of wanting to install the latest version (with Google Latitude) and it didn't work at all, I had to download the version for F700 to get it to work again.

                  Good luck to the owners of the F490.
                  0
                  1. Hello,
                    I also have a problem accessing MSN on my F490. I am with Vergil Mobil as my operator, and I don't know how to get MSN on it. I tried downloading Google Maps, but it stays at 30% and doesn't progress.

                    Could you please have a solution to my problem?
                    0
                    1. If you have the solution, let me know at my MSN address ...^... because when I try to go online, it says service unavailable!! Explain to me if you find out what the problem is! Please!
                      0
                      1. I have the same problem, but I found a solution.
                        You open Samsung PC Studio, go to Multimedia, and at the top, you search for Phone/Games and open it. Then, you paste the games there, or for applications, you go to Phone/Applications. OK
                        0
                        1. more details please
                          0
                        2. <translation> I want to know how to install games on my mobile f490. </translation>
                          0
                      2. I bought 2 games, one works and the other doesn't; the second one is like in one of the previous messages, it's the Simpsons game.
                        0
                        1. Tons of apps for your Samsung F490!

                          http://www.mobilerated.com/samsung-sgh-f490-home.html

                          http://www.goojet.com/index.html

                          https://www.getjar.com/

                          http://www.forummobiles.com/lofiversion/in...hp/t184647.html

                          Personally, I tried some apps and games, and they work perfectly without much difficulty; I hope it brings you something extra.

                          Have a good day, everyone!
                          0
                        2. @emo-cocoHello
                          has anyone managed to install GPS on the Samsung F490?
                          I can't find anything on this topic :(
                          thank you
                          0
                        3. Excuse me, I have a Samsung Star 2 S5260 and I can't download games from a website. It says "installed yes no" and then after I press yes, it says invalid file. Please help me!!
                          0
                      3. Hello, I just bought the Samsung F490 and I tried to go on the internet (Facebook, YouTube) and it tells me that parental controls are blocking access. It suggests changing profiles, but I don't have the "standard profile". How can I obtain the standard profile?

                        Thank you in advance for your answers.
                        0
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3