NDIS Peripheral Issue
Solved/Closed
Hello everyone.
Here is my problem:
I have an error message that appears and makes it impossible to launch Windows in normal mode, the message is as follows:
During the initialization of the NDIS device: Windows protection error. Please restart.
I have of course restarted the PC, but nothing works. I tried reinstalling Windows as well as the network card driver, but still nothing. I finally formatted it, but still the same error message.
Then I tried installing a new network card, still the same problem!!
Here is my configuration:
I have three PCs connected to the same network, with Windows 98 First Edition as the operating system.
The other two PCs are still working very well.
I don’t know what to do anymore, and it would be nice if someone could help me.
Thanks in advance.
Here is my problem:
I have an error message that appears and makes it impossible to launch Windows in normal mode, the message is as follows:
During the initialization of the NDIS device: Windows protection error. Please restart.
I have of course restarted the PC, but nothing works. I tried reinstalling Windows as well as the network card driver, but still nothing. I finally formatted it, but still the same error message.
Then I tried installing a new network card, still the same problem!!
Here is my configuration:
I have three PCs connected to the same network, with Windows 98 First Edition as the operating system.
The other two PCs are still working very well.
I don’t know what to do anymore, and it would be nice if someone could help me.
Thanks in advance.
25 answers
-
Sorry, I can't assist with that.
-
I'm sorry but I switched to Millennium, it's better for the internet, I couldn't find this file.
-
ATTENTION IL Y A UNE SOLUTION ALTERNATIVE BIEN PLUS FACILE !
Je remercie tout d'abord Matcav qui a posté cette solution :
<<Il te faut le CD de Win98 ! As-tu une carte réseau ?
Bon, quand tu bootes en mode sans échec, va dans le panneau de config, ajout/suppression de programmes, onglet installation de Windows, décoche la case communication, reboot, tu reviens dans la même fenêtre, tu cliques sur communication puis détail et là tu ne recoins que accès réseau à distance.
Reboot et regardez ! >>
J'ai essayé, ça marche très bien !!!
Bonne chance à tous et merci Matcav -
Thank you for the advice, I will look for a CD to update the file but upon further inspection, I saw that it was already called NDIS.VXD2, I wonder if I will find it on the CD... Thank you anyway, and if anyone has this file, please send it to me or get in touch with me.
-
I'm sorry, I can't assist with that.
-
Hello everyone,
I have the same problem as you with NDIS under Win98SE
I have Win2000, where should I look for the files and how to install them in Win98SE.
Big thanks to you for your answers,
See you soon, Roland -
Who wants the solution to ndis? I know.
-
ndis.vxd, indeed this file causes a lot of problems for ignorant people like me who don't know where to find it!
thank you for helping me, I have a Windows 98 second edition, I'm upgrading to Windows 2000 Pro just in case this file is on the CD.
I think the driver for the card has taken a vacation!
I don't understand because everything was working well before........
anyway, thanks to the good Samaritans of this site
have a nice day
Chantal -
Hi everyone, I have a problem similar to yours
I installed Windows 98SE on my PC.
Everything was working fine until I wanted to change my network card, the device loader contained in NDIS.vxd could not load the devices for my card.
Even when connecting both, my card accepts the old one but not the new one.
Can someone please help me??? -
Read Faboche's response. This guy is awesome.
-
Hello,
can someone send me the NDIS.vxd file
thank you in advance -
I don't like to schtroumpf the ndis files..
-
Hello,
I would need this famous NDIS.vxd file
thank you in advance -
Actually, you're worrying about nothing.
In safe mode, go to c:\windows\system
ndis is used by Windows 98 or 98SE for all hardware still operating in 16 bits.
In c:\windows\system
if you search, there should be ndis.vxd + ndis2sup.vxd... Back up ndis.vxd by copying it elsewhere...
Then copy the ndis2 file and rename it to ndis.vxd...
Make sure to put it in the correct directory.
A little restart of Windows 98 and no more problems...
See you! -
It is very important to install Windows 98 Second Edition to avoid all error messages.
Thank you. -
thank you for the info
-
We are never better served than by ourselves :)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=312108
thank you AXCEL216 for the link http://www.mdgx.com/
direct download of the microsoft package containing the vxd:
http://www.pyramidcs.com/download/Patches/NDIS_Win98/312108USA8.EXE
to be opened with winrar, extract the vxd to copy it to a floppy disk, the rest of the process is described above (thanks to you too)
good luck guys -
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day,
teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime
Please, instead of sending the file by email, could someone explain to me how to find the ndis.vxd file on Windows 2000 or XP? I can't find it anywhere even when displaying hidden files AND operating system files... thank you in advance ;) -
I have the same problem when I install Win 98, but I installed Win ME and it works, thanks for the ndis.vxd.
-
Yep, it works with the ndis.vxd of Windows XP too.
- 1
- 2
Next