Adjust CSS rate

Solved/Closed
Hello,
Once and for all, I would like to know what rate settings to make when playing on a 100 tick server and the FPS, thank you if you have the right answers

connection 1/2M

46 answers

  1. The console allows you to make several adjustments to the game that are not available through the game options.

    To activate the console, go to your Steam menu -> Games -> right-click on Counter Strike Source -> Properties -> Launch Options, and write:
    "-console " You can add " -dev " for more details about your machine and -heapsize to allocate the RAM that the game can use.

    Example: -console -dev -heapsize 1048576 with a space before each dash.

    The -heapsize command thus allows you to define the amount of RAM that CSS can use. It is recommended to allocate half of your total RAM
    -heapsize 1048576 allocates 1048576 bytes, which corresponds to 1024 MB. To find the value, simply multiply the desired amount by 1024 (1024*1024 => 1048576). To allocate 512 MB, 512*1024 = 524288. The command to allocate 512 MB will therefore be -heapsize 524288.

    Setting the rates to optimize your ADSL connection on a tick 100 server:

    Type the following codes in the console to configure CSS. /!\ The values listed are for a connection greater than 8 MB; for other connections, see the entire tutorial /!\

    Rate 25000 This is the speed at which you download information from the server you are playing on.

    cl_rate 25000 This is the upload speed of game data. That is, the speed at which you send information to play safely on the server. The value of this command must be equal to the value of the rate command.

    cl_cmdrate 101 This command sets the number of packets (data that circulates so that your game works alongside other players on the server) that you send to the server where you are playing.

    cl_updaterate 101 The cl_updaterate command concerns the refresh rate of data; the higher it is, the more you send or receive information from the server.

    Low-Speed Connection 128k rate 6500 cl_rate 6500 cl_cmdrate 40 cl_updaterate 30 ADSL Connection 512k rate 9999 cl_rate 9999 cl_cmdrate 60 cl_updaterate 50
    ADSL Connection 2MB rate 15000 cl_rate 15000 cl_cmdrate 80 cl_updaterate 60 ADSL Connection 4MB rate 20000 cl_rate 20000 cl_cmdrate 100 cl_updaterate 80

    Useful command for the game but not mandatory:

    cl_interpolate 1 Allows the computer to fill the gap of certain users who do not send enough ticks to the server, due to low FPS or a poorly set cmdrate. Set to 0, these players will stutter and be almost untouchable.

    cl_interp_ratio 1 The value of this variable divided by the updaterate should give 0.01, or as close as possible, because it is the delay of the graphical display compared to the received data. e.g., at 10, divided by 100 [updaterate] gives 0.1, which means a 0.09-second delay compared to the rest of the world on the server. The goal would be to reach 0.01.

    cl_predict 1 Allows the client to do certain things without receiving permission from the server, such as shooting and moving. Sometimes you may shoot and the bullet goes right through the person without hitting them; this is caused by this function, as the server did not receive the info for some reason, but the client preemptively displayed this info. If set to 0, this function causes chaos because some animations and movements are interrupted because the server lost the info, which would normally have been filled in by the client.

    cl_smooth 1 Works alongside cl_predict, as this function smooths out the recoil due to the server not having received your last shot or your last movement. Set to 0, this function drastically corrects your position relative to the one you have on the server, causing stuttering at certain moments.

    cl_smoothtime 0.01 This is the time allowed for cl_smooth to take effect; keep it as low as possible (0.01). If the smooth exceeds this time limit, the server will brutally reset your position. Rarely found on quality servers.
    Cmdlist All available game commands in the console.

    cl_crosshairscale 6000 Change the size of your crosshair; the larger the number, the smaller the crosshair size, with a maximum of 6000. Note that changing the size of the crosshair does not alter the trajectory of the bullets... lol.

    cl_crosshairusealpha 1 Allows for a non-transparent crosshair => better visibility.

    cl_dynamiccrosshair 0 Prevents the crosshair from expanding when you run/jump.

    mat_bumpmap 0 Remove bumpmapping for a substantial FPS gain.

    cl_phys_props_enable 0 Disables small objects that do not interfere with movement (small boxes, bricks, etc.). This provides a substantial FPS gain and reduces the information transfer between the server and your machine, thus improving ping.

    cl_ragdoll_physics_enable 0 Removes the bodies of dead characters. No bodies on the ground. This provides a substantial FPS gain and reduces the information transfer between the server and your machine, thus improving ping.

    nosounds To avoid disturbances in the game from all the little sounds introduced into the server, such as haha, runaway, etc.

    cl_downloadfilter nosounds Prevents downloading sounds upon entering a server.
    To display details of your FPS, ping, and others, go to a server and type in the console: "net_graph 3" it will display on the right.

    The details that net_graph displays:
    · Your FPS is the number of frames per second processed by your machine. The higher the number of frames, the smoother the animation appears.
    · Your PING is the response time of your machine with the server; the smaller it is, the faster data transfers are between the server and your machine.
    · Your REAL IN (the updaterate) is the number of updates sent by the server per second; the larger the value, the more accurate the simulation is.
    · Your REAL OUT (the cmdrate) is exactly the same as before, but this is for updates received by the server; the larger the value, the better.
    · Your LOSS is the number of lost packets in transit; basically, there's nothing we can do about it, as it's related to the quality of your connection!
    · Your CHOKE, having choke means that the game does not have enough available bandwidth to exchange packets at the desired frequency; if you have choke, you won't hit anything! With a good rate setting, choke should not cause issues. However, if choke is significant, gradually decrease the cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate, but never below 60, otherwise you'll lag.
    /!\ (Setting values too low for rate, cl_updaterate, and cl_cmdrate can be considered cheating because you'll lag for other players, in other words, you'll become difficult to hit) /!\
    217
    1. Hi
      Your thing must be very good but it doesn't suit me, so I would like to reset my original settings please, how do I do that? Thank you in advance...
      0
    2. Bonjour, mais comment fait-on pour le loté s'il vous plaît après avoir fait "net_graph 3" dans la console ?
      0
    3. Merci pour ce conseil, je l'ai suivi et maintenant je peux régler mes ratés, c'est un super conseil, encore merci.
      0
    4. Ok, but how do we adjust the ping (can it be adjusted or not)?
      0
    5. please please please how do you set up the console and where is the rate please :) thanks in advance and for the ping when it is too high how do we decrease it?

      0
  2. dust 2, set cl_updaterate to 101, not 30,000 ^^'

    However, I have a little personal question, the command cl_rate is not recognized and when I look at the net_graph the sent tickrates are at 25.
    Well, it allows me to have between 0 and 3 choke but it seems a bit low as a value. Has the command been incorporated into rate or how does it work?
    0
    1. "cl_rate 25000 This is the upload speed of the game's data. That is to say, the speed at which you send information to play securely on the server. The value of this command must be equal to the value of the rate command. "

      Is cl_rate an unknown command? That's what the console is telling me...
      0
      1. Say, is it normal that when I want to change my cl_rate, the console tells me it's an unknown command? ^^'
        0
        1. Hello, since I've had Windows 7, my Counter-Strike Source doesn't work like it did on XP. I start CSS and when it's time to choose a team, terrorist or counter-terrorist, the image freezes and doesn't move. I have to restart my PC in order to play. When I restart my PC and start playing, everything is fine, but at the moment of changing maps it happens again, and again I have to restart. If anyone has a solution, please explain. Thank you.
          0
          1. No answer is correct and most are wrong. I invite you to read the article on VaKarM.net, which is the most visited French site for news about Counter-Strike Source.
            0
            1. Désolé, je ne peux pas accéder à des contenus externes.
              0
              1. I've got a high PING issue in Counter-Strike Source that's causing lags. How can I fix it? Thanks in advance =) (I'm using Windows XP)

                0
                1. ben put that instead: cl_crosshairscale 2500 (small crosshair) cl_updaterate 100 cl_cmdrate 100 rate 30000
                  0
                  1. Hello, here it is

                    server rate

                    css source dod and for tf2

                    I have put together a rate pack for your service

                    team chacal-[z2]-

                    here is our forum

                    https://www.venez.fr/error.fr.html?id=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fks305416.kimsufi.com%2F~teamz2cs

                    91.121.143.102:27016 [FR] prison break ba_Jail # |Fast Download| |Skins| <-ChaCaL-[z2]->24/24
                    hl2

                    For a tickrate of 66:

                    client side:
                    rate 20000
                    cl_updaterate 66
                    cl_cmdrate 66

                    server side:
                    sv_maxrate 0
                    sv_minrate 5000
                    sv_minupdaterate 30
                    sv_maxupdaterate 66

                    For a tickrate of 100:

                    client side:
                    rate 25000
                    cl_updaterate 101
                    cl_cmdrate 101

                    server side:
                    sv_minrate 5000
                    sv_maxrate 0
                    sv_minupdaterate 30
                    sv_maxupdaterate 101
                    fps_max 130

                    tickrate 66

                    sv_mincmdrate 20
                    sv_maxcmdrate 66
                    sv_client_predict 1
                    sv_client_interpolate 1
                    sv_client_cmdrate_difference 30
                    sv_client_min_interp_ratio 1
                    sv_client_max_interp_ratio 2

                    tickrate 100

                    sv_mincmdrate 30
                    sv_maxcmdrate 100
                    sv_client_predict 1
                    sv_client_interpolate 1
                    sv_client_cmdrate_difference 30
                    sv_client_min_interp_ratio 1
                    sv_client_max_interp_ratio 2

                    RATE 33

                    // server lagging
                    sv_maxrate 0
                    rate 30000
                    sv_minrate 0
                    cl_updaterate 100
                    sv_maxupdaterate 101
                    cl_cmdrate 101
                    sv_minupdaterate 0
                    cl_interp 0.01

                    33 Tick
                    sv_minrate 13000
                    sv_maxrate 25000
                    sv_minupdaterate 22
                    sv_maxupdaterate 34
                    sv_mincmdrate 22
                    sv_maxcmdrate 34
                    sv_client_cmdrate_difference 1
                    sv_client_predict 1
                    sv_client_interpolate 1
                    sv_client_min_interp_ratio -1
                    sv_client_max_interp_ratio -1

                    66 Tick
                    sv_minrate 13000
                    sv_maxrate 25000
                    sv_minupdaterate 33
                    sv_maxupdaterate 67
                    sv_mincmdrate 33
                    sv_maxcmdrate 67
                    sv_client_cmdrate_difference 1
                    sv_client_predict 1
                    sv_client_interpolate 1
                    sv_client_min_interp_ratio -1
                    sv_client_max_interp_ratio -1

                    100 Tick
                    sv_minrate 13000
                    sv_maxrate 30000
                    sv_minupdaterate 66
                    sv_maxupdaterate 101
                    sv_mincmdrate 66
                    sv_maxcmdrate 101
                    sv_client_cmdrate_difference 1
                    sv_client_predict 1
                    sv_client_interpolate 1
                    sv_client_min_interp_ratio -1
                    sv_client_max_interp_ratio -1

                    tickrate 66

                    sv_maxrate "25000"
                    sv_minrate "3000"
                    sv_maxupdaterate "101"
                    sv_minupdaterate "10"

                    Tick 100

                    sv_minrate 30000
                    sv_maxrate 30000
                    sv_maxupdaterate 101
                    sv_minupdaterate 101
                    sv_mincmdrate 100
                    sv_maxcmdrate 100

                    Tick 66

                    sv_minrate 25000
                    sv_maxrate 25000
                    sv_maxupdaterate 60
                    sv_minupdaterate 60
                    sv_mincmdrate 60
                    sv_maxcmdrate 60

                    Tick 33
                    sv_minrate 20000
                    sv_maxrate 20000
                    sv_maxupdaterate 30
                    sv_minupdaterate 30
                    sv_mincmdrate 30
                    sv_maxcmdrate 30

                    tickrate 100 :

                    sv_maxrate "20000"
                    sv_minrate "5000"
                    sv_maxupdaterate "100"
                    sv_minupdaterate "20"

                    .
                    tickrate 66

                    sv_maxrate "30000"
                    sv_minrate "3000"
                    sv_maxupdaterate "80"
                    sv_minupdaterate "10"

                    tickrate 66

                    sv_maxrate "30000"
                    sv_minrate "3000"
                    sv_maxupdaterate "101"
                    sv_minupdaterate "10"

                    tick 100

                    sv_maxrate 45000
                    sv_minrate 5000
                    sv_maxupdaterate 120
                    sv_minupdaterate 20
                    rate 45000
                    fps_max 900

                    tickrate 66

                    sv_maxrate "25000"
                    sv_minrate "3000"
                    sv_maxupdaterate "101"
                    sv_minupdaterate "10"

                    tick 66

                    sv_minrate 0
                    sv_maxrate 0
                    sv_minrate 0
                    sv_minupdaterate 10
                    sv_maxupdaterate 66

                    //Config for tick 100 DO NOT MODIFY!
                    sv_consistency 1
                    sv_pure 2
                    sv_maxrate 25000
                    sv_minrate 15000
                    fps_max 1000
                    sv_minupdaterate 40
                    sv_mincmdrate 30
                    sv_maxupdaterate 101
                    sv_maxcmdrate 100
                    sv_max_unlag 0.5
                    sv_unlag 1

                    sv_client_interp 0.01
                    sv_clienttrace 1
                    sv_client_predict 1
                    sv_client_interpolate 1
                    sv_client_cmdrate_difference 40
                    sv_client_min_interp_ratio 1
                    sv_client_max_interp_ratio 2

                    tick rate 66

                    sv_maxrate 30000
                    sv_minrate 20000
                    sv_maxupdaterate 101
                    sv_minupdaterate 66
                    sv_maxcmdrate 100
                    sv_mincmdrate 66
                    sv_maxunlag 0.5
                    sv_maxspeed 320

                    I have put together a rate pack for your service

                    team chacal-[z2]-

                    here is our forum

                    https://www.venez.fr/error.fr.html?id=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fks305416.kimsufi.com%2F~teamz2cs

                    91.121.143.102:27016 [FR] prison break ba_Jail # |Fast Download| |Skins| <-ChaCaL-[z2]->24/24
                    -1
                    1. Hello, I typed bond "mouse1" "kill" in the console and now every time I play, whenever I click a mouse button, I die
                      could you please help me?? How to remove this code?
                      0
                    2. @r7kdHi,
                      What kind of idea is that?!
                      You should have waited, pressing mouse1 every time you shoot, you die.. I really feel like not helping you, but it’s so stupid to die every time you die xDD
                      Counter Strike Source Console => bind "mouse1" ""
                      There you go
                      you remove the kill from the second parenthesis.
                      0
                    3. Bonjour, moi aussi j'ai eu ce problème mais dans TF2, j'ai donc tapé bind "mouse1" "", et ça n'a pas marché. Aide-moi s'il te plaît.
                      0
                    4. Console type `unbind mouse 1` after reconfiguring the fire key in the options.
                      0
                  2. I'm sorry, I wanted to say that I'm checking in DD_dust_2.
                    -3
                    1. Hi everyone, even with rate 30000 and cl_updaterate 30000 I still lag. My graphics card is good (11) and I really don’t know what to do anymore!! Please help me!!
                      -3
                      1. Hi everyone, I'm creating this topic for those who don't know how to adjust their rates:

                        First, do you have the console?

                        No?!
                        OK, then to activate it, just go to:

                        - the Games section in Steam
                        - Then right-click on "Counter Strike: Source" and a small menu will open
                        - Then click on "Set Launch Options"
                        - There, you type in the text box "-console" all together and confirm
                        - Finally, launch the game and voilà!!! The console is there!!!
                        - And you type in the text box: rate 30000; cl_updaterate 101; cl_cmdrate 100

                        THEN CONFIRM, MAKE SURE TO ENTER ONE COMMAND AT A TIME AND CONFIRM, THEN TYPE ANOTHER COMMAND AND CONFIRM, AND SO ON....

                        Well, that's it for this little tutorial and you are set up correctly.
                        There you go, see you in-game!
                        -1
                        1. Hi,
                          I would like to maximize the graphics in CSS. Does anyone have a command to put in "set launch options"?
                          -3
                          1. Hello, I would like to restore the command so that when you shoot a CT, the CT disappears when you kill it, and I would like to set it back to normal if possible. Thank you, I look forward to your response.
                            -1
                            1. To reactivate the appearance of "bodies" when you kill people, the command is: cl_ragdoll_physics_enable 1. :)

                              On my side, I have a problem regarding the rates, the command cl_updaterate won't stay fixed.

                              Let me explain, I've been playing cs:s for a little while and until now I haven't had any issues with the rates.

                              I usually set cl_cmdrate 100, cl_updaterate 100, rate 30000, but for the past week, the value of cl_updaterate no longer stays at 100 but automatically drops to 60 (offline and without changing the configuration, name, keyboard keys, etc...). The problem could be due to an auto rate adjustment command and I would like to remove it to restore MY normal settings.

                              Please help me, I don't like being kicked or being called plowrates on servers because of a command I don't want and which makes the game unfair.

                              Thank you for responding ^^ and have fun everyone.
                              0
                          2. Hello everyone!
                            I've been playing CSS for about a year and before I had around 60 fps, but now I only have 9, it's become impossible to play, so I would like to have a solution to this problem.
                            -1
                            1. I was wondering.
                              Do we have to set the console every time or does it adjust automatically after the first setup??^^
                              -1
                              1. YES, it's the right FAFA file. I apologize for the incorrect information, but just like SPAWNLAND, I deleted this file immediately, so I no longer know the name. So if you delete the CLientregistry.blop file, you will find your beloved cs:s and you will be able to enjoy all the servers that were blocked.
                                LONG LIVE cs:s and LONG LIVE the forums!
                                -1
                                1. Hi Dycov, I have the solution for your problem. You just need to go to your Steam folder, which is likely in Program Files. Open the Steam folder, and you will see a file named "AppUpdateStats.blob" (do not delete this one) and a second .blob file that you need to delete (I don’t have the name because I deleted it as well when I had this issue). Once you've deleted that .blob file, restart Steam and normal service will resume.
                                  -1
                                  1. I deeply thank you SPAWNLAND for your information and for your spelling because there are people who really don't know how to write. Oh, and I wanted to say that the file that needed to be deleted is viryfingregistry.blob
                                    LONG live the forums and LONG live the pros.
                                    0
                                  2. @DycovHi,

                                    I had the same problem as you Dycov, so I wanted to delete that file, but I found the file ClientRegistry.blob and I wanted to know if that was the one or not

                                    Thanks in advance.
                                    0
                                  3. Hello,
                                    I have a problem with the rate in Counter-Strike; every time the console kicks me because my ping is too high.
                                    I don't understand anything about it.
                                    What should I do, please?
                                    Thank you in advance.
                                    0
                                • 1
                                • 2
                                • 3