Nintendo DS microphone issue

Solved
Hello,
we just gave our daughter a DS Lite with the Nintendogs game for her 7th birthday, and we have a problem with the microphone. When she needs to name her dog, it seems that it doesn't hear its name, and since it's the beginning of the game and you can't continue playing or access the microphone settings, we are stuck.
I tried with another game, "The Little Mermaid," and the same issue occurred; the microphone doesn't work.

NB: She started playing with a dog she had named, but then the soap bubbles stopped working. To solve the problem, I reset the console as indicated in the manual (simultaneously pressing L, R, Y, X, B, A), thinking we would start from scratch, but now we have no microphone. Did we accidentally disable the microphone?

If someone could help us, that would be great; my daughter has only played with her toy for one evening, and she was so looking forward to her console.
If anyone can help, thank you in advance.

PS: I left a message on Nintendo's "hotline"
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 6.0

53 answers

  1. Well, I had the same problem with my Nintendo DS Lite... And the issue is SOLVED.

    Actually, I realized that on the front, on the right front side, one of the two little pins of the microphone was raised to the maximum (next to the headphone jack).
    This pin in the high position short-circuits the internal microphone!

    With a small screwdriver, I managed to lower this pin by 1 mm: a small task that requires patience (don't get frustrated).

    And the internal microphone works great now...
    So simple ;-)

    /rodice
    80
    1. I did the same thing as you with a toothpick; one of the two braces was in a crushed position. Kudos for the trick; a lot of people have the same problem.
      1
    2. I'm having a problem with the microphone on my DS Classic.
      2
    3. Thank you because it works, thank you, thank you! Sorry, but I'm going to play now.
      0
    4. Thank you for the info, indeed the two pins were crushed on my daughter's deaf DSI, after several attempts, Eureka it works again like it did on the first day, thanks again Rodice!!!
      1
    5. I did what you said and now the little thing is to remove... even though I lowered the two little things by 1 mm and the mic only works when I use a needle now --"
      0
  2. For me too, this "thing" worked and made a child "happy". Thank you.
    0
    1. Thank you very much!!! It's working! I had given up a long time ago.
      0
      1. Hello, I just solved the problem as explained and it’s working again. It's perfect.
        0
        1. Good evening, I have the same problem except that it's the Nintendo DSi and the microphone doesn't work. I don't know why, could you help me? Thank you.
          0
          1. Dsi microphone is not working anymore, thanks to the trick with the front jack (pressing down the small metal pin with a small screwdriver) the microphone works again. Thank you.
            3
            1. Thank you! The solution is old but it just saved my daughter's DS Lite! A pin to extract the connectors next to the headphone jack and the microphone works again!
              0
              1. Thank you very much, problem solved. I simply took a toothpick and gently pulled out the left connector a little bit in the small rectangle on the front of the DS, there you go ^^
                0
                1. Thank you Rodice, three and a half years after your post, I needed your trick,

                  it works Niel, on my son's DSI he can finally play Adibou where you have to blow right from the start.
                  0
                  1. but how to do it? I also own a DSi but I don’t understand how to fix the microphone.
                    0
                2. For me too, the trick with the pinocchios worked.
                  Thank you very much, Rodice.
                  0
                  1. he has to say the dog's name 5 times in a row :P
                    0
                    1. I tried all your solutions, none of them worked, do you have any other solutions, please?
                      P.S.: I have never used an external microphone headset.
                      0
                      1. Thank you jetconnect. My daughter will be happy when she gets home from school since her microphone hasn't been working for the last 2 days... I took a needle and intervened near the headphone jack as you suggested... great and yet I barely pressed for fear of damaging the DS... it works... thanks again!
                        4
                        1. It works!!!!! Thank you all!!!!
                          0
                        2. super it works a lot
                          0
                      2. Very simple, your problem. Have you plugged in any external headphones, or an external microphone, or a piece of equipment that blocks the audio inputs like those from the brand Bigben?

                        If that's the case, on the front of the DS, there is a round hole for the headphones and next to it, a rectangle with 2 small connectors above. Take a pin and look at the one on the left (so the one farthest from the headphone connector). Place your pin above the thin connector (be very careful) and apply a slight downward pressure.

                        In fact, this connector is a button. When you plug something in, it cuts off the internal button, but when you remove what was inside, it doesn't reconnect properly because it is misaligned.

                        Soon I will offer repairs for broken screens on my site.

                        www.jetconnect.be

                        It's really amazing, I did exactly what he said, I fiddled a little with the connector, and like magic when I blew on it, it worked again!!! Simply amazing!!! Thanks again!!!
                        17
                        1. Thank you Kaizen, I did exactly what you said and the microphone is working again, great, because I was starting to lose hope.
                          0
                        2. Thank you very much kaizen17, I tried your technique and the mic is working again! Hooray!
                          0
                        3. Thank you so much, it works again after moving the two contacts next to the jack plug!! My little one had pushed them in with her stylus...
                          THANK YOU
                          0
                        4. Thank you, I was about to get cheated again by dropping it off with a professional who was asking me for a lot of euros in exchange. A THOUSAND THANKS.
                          0
                        5. Thank you a thousand times even though I wasn't very delicate and I couldn't do it (I succeeded) thanks x100000
                          0
                      3. Thank you, it's working now. I had to do it 4 times because I was probably doing it wrong....
                        0
                        1. Good evening

                          I did what Jetconnect said, it worked at first, but then it stopped working again!
                          Is that normal?
                          Thank you very much! (for my son)
                          0
                          1. Hello,

                            I just got Tomb Raider Underworld on DS, and in the first puzzle, it asks me to blow into the microphone to remove the dust, but it doesn't work!!!!
                            I don't know how to activate it.
                            Thank you for helping me please!!!!!!!!!!
                            0
                            1. Could someone help me????
                              I don't want to stop playing just because of a microphone problem!!!!!!!!!!
                              sniffff

                              If anyone has an answer for me, please don't hesitate!!

                              Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              lol
                              0
                          2. So for my part, I think the microphone should be changed if you wish, and if the distance isn’t too far, drop me an email at gsmteck.com.
                            0
                            1. Hello
                              on proconso.com there is a specialist who answers your questions and it's free
                              Hello
                              0
                              • 1
                              • 2
                              • 3