Mailbox
Hello,
I’m reaching out to ask how to handle sending in bulk.
I’m a volunteer for an association. I manage the mailbox as best I can and it happens that I organize public events.
Here is the issue: When sending in bulk, it’s difficult to know if the email reached the recipient (which does not indicate that the message was opened), but it does reassure about proper delivery.
I nevertheless use the "read receipt" function. When these receipts come back, you have to go back through the list to differentiate who received from who did not receive! Tedious.
My question:
Is there a more practical, faster method to sort this?
Thanks for your responses.
Best regards
G. Plauchud 2026.10.01
1 answer
-
Hello,
How would you want a speaker to be able to potentially guide you in this process without even knowing exactly which messaging service it is!
Best regards and continued success to you.
-
-
@georges97
Good evening Georges97,
You probably meant to say deleted, no...? I don’t find a closed duplicate on their profile, unless I’m mistaken…!
Have a good evening.
-
@georges97Hello,
Regardless of the messaging system, the recipient receives the message as if it were individual and replies in the same way, not within the list context; furthermore, there is no obligation to send a delivery receipt, I personally never do it.
If the message isn’t received by so-and-so because they don’t check their emails, there’s nothing we can do; if that person has changed their address or we made a mistake, we get an error message, otherwise we can’t control what people receive or what they reply to.
There is a pernicious effect on some operators’ web servers that filter distribution lists as spam; it happened to me with my sports club’s distribution lists, and in that case it’s not the mailbox but the way of accessing it (which you can’t force) that matters: you’ll only see them on that operator’s Webmail, never in an email client where they would be transparent. -
Contributor@MPMP10
Indeed, I meant deleted.
-
-