HP printer

Hello,

I have just installed an HP 7006 printer. The installation went normally. In Windows 11 the printer appears as 'Default'. When I print, instead of the text sent and regardless of the source, the printer prints a series of characters that have nothing to do with the original. On forums it is indicated that this could come from the drivers, but I don’t see how to update them.

Thank you in advance for your help.

5 answers

  1. Thank you for your reply. When printing a document, the print configuration panel correctly shows the default printer, namely HP Series 7000.

    0
    1. When printing, the system prompts you to select the destination printer. Make sure it is configured on the HP 7006 printer.
      0
      1. I just uninstall the printer in Windows 11 under Devices and Printers, then reinstalled it. The printer is detected, but during the installation I get a message 'drivers not available'. Printing a test page the test page stays in the queue with a message 'Error'.

        0
        1. Hello,

          thank you for your reply. I have already used this procedure without results. Several download options are offered and to know which one to use there is no explanation. I tried the universal version but without result. After downloading, the software starts and it detects the printer without any problem. At the end of the process I restarted the PC, but the result is the same. Printing a test page from the HP software works but it is impossible to print a Word, Excel, PDF document... On the page there are all kinds of characters but which have nothing to do with the original. Before this new printer there was an HP 4100. I removed it from W11 and from the HP software. But that changes nothing.

          0
          1. Hello alain_1949

            HP provides them for you:

            0