How to install css skins

Solved/Closed
Hello everyone
I'm explaining my problem: I downloaded weapon and character skins for Counter Strike Source, but I don’t know how to install them lol can you help me please? I'm using Steam, of course, I'm not a pirate xD
unfortunately, pirates can save and install skins -_-'
I thank you in advance for your responses
please accept my sincere and respectful greetings
see you +
Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0

27 answers

  1. Hello, for those who don't understand the tutorials, I can tell you the steps to follow ;p... (this is for weapon skins, but if you get that, you'll figure out the others ;) ) note: if a folder isn't there in the open explorer window, create it!
    -First, download it, and if it's a zip file, unzip it and keep it handy.
    -Then, in another window => open File Explorer, Local Disk, Valve, Steam, Steamapps, your Steam account name, Counter Strike Source, CS Strike. Keep this window handy.
    -Look at your unzipped skin folder, you'll see several folders: materials, models, sound, scripts...

    For the skins in the materials folder, go to materials (the explorer window), you'll see several folders, but we don't care about those xD, the one that interests us is "models"! Go there, you will see "players", "weapons", "shells" (for the shell bullets^^). Enter "weapons". Then in the unzipped window do the same! You will see in both cases v_models or w_models.
    If there is a v_models in the unzipped folder, take it and put it in the other v_models (File Explorer...), do the same for w_models.

    For the model skins, it's simple, in the explorer window... go back to see the materials folder... below or in the corner you'll see "models", go to your unzipped folder, copy what's in models (not the one from materials ;-), if you see v_models or w_models, follow the previous procedure!) and put it in the models of File Explorer (you'll recognize it because it has no subfolders!)

    For sound skins, open sound in File Explorer and in your unzipped folder, copy it into the unzipped, and put it in sounds (File Explorer, etc., etc.)

    For script skins, I had to create it with a subfolder, so if in your unzipped file there is "sounds", create it next to materials, and if in this "sounds" there’s a subfolder, create it in "sounds"! And put the "sounds" skin in the created subfolder!

    Hoping that I have been clear, if not, I might come back to re-explain, or give my email... but still, take lessons from someone my age xD!
    160
    1. Salut, j'aimerais que tu m'expliques plus clairement, c'est sympa, ça fait des jours que je galère et ça me gonfle. Merci d'avance.
      0
    2. HéadShǫt]????????•⦿sss
      0
  2. So hey, I was confused like you were a week ago; now I have about 40 CSS skins and I know the procedure by heart... thanks to this video: just do everything the guy says; there's no problem as long as you follow it to the letter! I'm sending you the link =) :

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmgYRMN65Hw

    The guy doesn't speak very loudly (:p ^^) but in any case his video is perfect; thanks to him. Good luck to you!
    0
    1. Hello everyone, so I’m going to show you how to install skins ;) !!!

      First of all, you need Winrar, so download it anywhere ^^
      Then, go to Fps Banana, download a skin that you want, and decompress it into a Skins shortcut (that you created to avoid getting confused ^^). Close the decompressor and open the cstrike folder (which is located in C:/program files/steam/steamapps/#account name#/counter strike source/cstrike). So far, you’re following, right? ^^...

      Then, copy the three folders of the skins that are in its folder (Materials, Sounds, Models, and Scripts if there is one) into the CSTRIKE folder!!!!

      And there you go, your skin is installed ;)
      Have fun and enjoy your journey U_ù
      -3
      1. Type floboss0393 on YouTube and go to my CSS skin tutorial, it's super detailed. If you don't understand it, it's because you're dumb.
        -3
        1. Hello everyone, so here I have a problem: I can't find the local disk to then go through all the hassle to add skins. So if you could explain it to me, that would be nice. Here's my MSN, I'm always online because I'm on vacation, don't send me messages on my MSN, it doesn't work. Thanks, see you!
          -3
          1. HERE IS YOUR EXPLANATION, IT'S COMPLICATED!!! BUT I HAVE SOMETHING BETTER.
            -4
            1. Hi Thomas, I think you're going to install weapon skins for your player.

              First, go to a site like www.fpsbanana.com to choose the skin you want.

              Then, here’s a link to the forum of my host www.serveur-counter.com where you’ll find a pretty detailed tutorial to install your skin: http://forum.serveur-counter.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=96
              2
              1. Hello, I just read the topic, but the installation of weapon skins, especially for myself.

                I'm looking to install weapon skins on my CSS server (I know how to set up character skins).

                If someone could enlighten me on this subject, thank you in advance.

                Lilow
                0
            2. I can't install CS:S skins because I don't have the weapon or shells folders. I have material, models, player, and then it says bin... in any case, none of the folders I need. Can someone help me? Thank you in advance! :(
              3
              1. Désolé, Noufel, mais tes indications, je ne peux pas les faire. J'ai tout suivi, mais moi, j'ai Windows Vista, donc c'est mort. Merci quand même.
                2
                1. I only have one question: in which file should we put the skins at the end?
                  2
                  1. Je suis désolé, je ne peux pas expliquer.
                    3
                    1. Hi everyone, I'm going to try to explain it more simply. So you start the computer and then you download a skin. Once downloaded, go to "This PC," then to "Local Disk" (or "Hard Drive," it depends on the computer), then to "Program Files," then to "Steam," then to "Steamapps." Click on your account name, then click on "Counter Strike Source," and finally click on "C Strike." Keep this window open and open your skins. In there, you have folders (materials, models, sound, script). Now, go back to the C Strike window and move the skin folders into C Strike (while holding down on them). Once these folders are moved, you can play with your skin. I hope I was clear. P.S. In your skins, you might have 4 folders, but you can also have just one folder, and whether there are one, two, three, four, or five files, it's the same method. That's it, goodbye.
                      0
                    2. @naoufel1030I'm sorry, I did everything you said but it's not working!! :(
                      0
                    3. @kkdu38The best skin site is: www.fpsbanana.com
                      there's no better and a crazy selection.
                      0
                  2. Je n'ai toujours rien compris sur comment installer les skins. J'ai téléchargé un skin et quand je le décompresse, il y a deux fichiers, mais après, je les copie où ? Car vos explications ne sont pas très compréhensibles, désolé... Une fois que j'aurai compris, je pourrai le faire pour tous, mais il faut que je comprenne ^^ S'il vous plaît, aidez-moi.
                    4
                    1. Hello!

                      If you want another site, go to this one for other skins.
                      6
                      1. Hello everyone

                        So to install skins, it's very simple, you just need to have WinRAR to get started. Then you go to:
                        program files/steam/steamapps/your account/cstrike/materials/ and inside you create a folder called models, and inside the folder you created, you name it weapons. Then inside that, you create 2 folders, one called v_models and the other w_models.
                        You go to program files/steam/steamapps/your account/cstrike/models (if you haven't created it) and in this folder, create a new folder called weapons.
                        Then open your downloaded skin inside, normally you should have 2 files, sometimes there will only be 1 file, and the models file will have lots of small files, you put them in the folder program files/steam/steamapps/your account/cstrike/models/weapons.
                        Then there will always be in your skin materials/models/v_models or w_models, those 2 files you will put in the 2 folders you have already created. Here is the path:
                        program files/steam/steamapps/your account/cstrike/materials/models/weapons/v_models and w_models. If you still don't understand, let me know where so I can help you. Have a great day everyone!
                        57
                        1. Hi

                          actually I didn't really understand where to put the materials file?
                          where do you put the sounds file?
                          please respond to me.
                          0
                        2. l.d give me your steam please otherwise I'm johetlog

                          thank you
                          0
                        3. Désolé, je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
                          0
                      2. Je n'ai rien compris pour mettre des skins, une personne peut m'aider s'il vous plaît ?
                        5
                        1. LOL I didn't understand anything, maybe one day... xD
                          5
                          1. If you tap on a folder, you create it ;-)
                            "nota bene: if a folder is not there in the open desktop window, create it!"
                            1
                            1. Hello, so you explain all this to us but I don't have weapons in the models folder, what should I do?
                              0
                              • 1
                              • 2