VirtualBox Error

Solved
-  
Hello,

I'm trying to install Windows to test them out (like XP, Vista, 2000, versions I haven't experienced or very little) but I'm getting the error

"Host system reported disk full. VM execution is suspended. You can resume after freeing some space.

Error ID: DevAHCI_DISKFULL
Severity: Non-Fatal Error"


Thanks to some forums and checking, I noticed that the virtual machine stops working as soon as the actual size of the hard disk reaches 4 GB.

Apparently, FAT hard disks have a limit of 4 GB. So I need to set the disks to NTFS.

But I don't know how to do that.

On Windows XP and earlier, I did say in the setup "Format to NTFS" but it still hangs.

And on the later versions (Vista to 10), it doesn't ask anything about that, and the installation doesn't work because the system files alone exceed 4 GB.

So how can I resolve this issue primarily for versions Vista to 10?

Configuration: Windows / Chrome 73.0.3683.86

2 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello

    Thank you for participating in this forum.
    It seems that your problem has found an answer.

    If you are satisfied with the answer, I invite you to mark it as resolved; it's very simple.

    Please click on THIS LINK

    Best regards

    --
    "We swallow the flattering lie in big gulps and drink the bitter truth drop by drop."
    0