Scam

Solved
Hello.
I confess that I don’t know who to turn to, but I need to do it quickly. Very quickly. Four years ago, I went to Canada and submitted a multitude of CVs. Yesterday, I received a call from Canadian immigration services (the call was located in New York) telling me that there are job offers in my field that are in high demand. They told me that I have accumulated 67 points, which now allows me to apply for the position. They offered me the plane ticket and accommodation "for free." That said, there are application fees of 944 euros to be finalized. They quickly put me in touch with a recruitment site called "Jobs across the world." They knew my personal details. Scam?

3 answers

  1. Hello,

    It's obviously a very crude scam...
    5
    1. However, the site did exist when I checked and they knew a lot of things about me.
      0
    2. Hello,
      Is opening a file with immigration services for Job a World paid?
      If so, how much?
      0
    3. Contributor
      @AbrahamForget it: SCAM.. Don't give a dime to these crooks..
      0
  2. I almost got caught in this big scam. They asked me to make the payment with my credit card, I gave them my card number, and then they tried to withdraw the money. Luckily, there wasn't any money in the account, so I blocked my card. They pretended to be from Canadian immigration—what nonsense! Be careful with jobfaward.
    2
    1. Hello there!
      It’s normal for them to "attempt" to make a withdrawal since you bought stuff from them...!
      But well, if I don’t have any money, I buy nothing, right....!
      0
  3. Contributor
    Hello

    Normally, it's the employer who pays the recruitment fees...

    You have been called by scammers posing as the Immigration Office. And they are directing you to a highly suspicious site that wants to charge you €944...

    They knew a lot about me.

    If this information was given on the CV, it's not surprising...

    This really smells like a scam...

    Contact details/URL of the recruitment site?

    One of your CVs has probably been retrieved and then exploited afterwards...

    Talk soon.
    3
    1. csr@jobaworld.com
      0
    2. I received an email on the same day from Canadian Visa Expert asking me to update my contact information. It was secured.
      0