PUP Optionnel Babylone

Solved
Hello,

For the past few days, my PC has been infected with PUP Optional Babylon. I was able to detect it thanks to Malwarebytes, which shows me 4 results. However, when I try to quarantine them, my antivirus - Avira Pro - blocks access to the registry (which is a very good thing, except in this case).

I have searched online for different solutions, particularly with ADW Cleaner and ZHP Cleaner, which do their job very well in my opinion, except that in this case, my infection is still present...

The 4 identified threats are located in the local Chrome folder, namely:

C:\Users\my-username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data

If anyone knows how I can get rid of it, that would be great, thanks in advance for any help!

Configuration: Windows / Chrome 66.0.3359.181

1 answer

  1. Moderator
    Hi,

    Not infected.
    Just a setting in Chrome, it doesn't matter.
    Delete AdwCleaner and ZHPCleaner.
    Ignore those detections.

    --
    Please press any key to continue the disinfection...
    1. Hi,

      Thank you very much! I feel a bit more relieved, even though it still bothers me to know that there is an element in Chrome causing issues... Isn't there a way to fix that after all?
    2. Thank you very much for your help, it looks like everything is in order for now anyway!!!