Unable to boot from USB drive
Solved
Hello everyone,
My Asus XM hard drive has failed, so I just installed a new one. I copied the Windows installation tool onto a USB stick, but I can't find the options in the BIOS to force the computer to boot from the USB. In the menu, I have main, advanced, boot, security, and save. In boot, there are: start easy flash: internal pointing device (enabled) / wake on lid open (enabled) / power of energy saving (enabled) then intel virtualization technology: sata configuration / network stack configuration / usb configuration.
In this last tab, I have XHCI mode (disabled) and mass storage devices: usb disk 2.0 PMAP (forced fdd).
This is all like Chinese to me... I can't find the options described in various forums that allow booting from the HDD or USB or DVD...
Thank you for your help.
My Asus XM hard drive has failed, so I just installed a new one. I copied the Windows installation tool onto a USB stick, but I can't find the options in the BIOS to force the computer to boot from the USB. In the menu, I have main, advanced, boot, security, and save. In boot, there are: start easy flash: internal pointing device (enabled) / wake on lid open (enabled) / power of energy saving (enabled) then intel virtualization technology: sata configuration / network stack configuration / usb configuration.
In this last tab, I have XHCI mode (disabled) and mass storage devices: usb disk 2.0 PMAP (forced fdd).
This is all like Chinese to me... I can't find the options described in various forums that allow booting from the HDD or USB or DVD...
Thank you for your help.
2 answers
-
Hello
I had the same case
I just had to press a function key (F12 for me) which allowed me to access a boot menu offering everything that was present and could boot ....-
-
@Zanita40Hello
First, check if your USB key is recognized in the BIOS as a drive in the (Main setting) directory, depending on the BIOS layout. You should see your hard drive as the first boot and a device connected to a USB (USB key plugged in, of course)
Regards -
@beber67470Under the main tab, I don't see my key, nor my hard drive either
under the boot tab I have: fast boot which I set to disabled and boot option 1: UEFI: USB disk 2.0
-