Empty cell if = cell above
Solved
Hello,
I would like to create a very succinct account tracking table in Excel.
I have created an automatic formula that allows me to only enter the values of my expenses and my income, and Excel calculates my total (see attached image):
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/53/1451294056-excel-compte-1.png
Following that, I copied the formula by dragging the cell down, and I get this:
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/53/1451294202-excel-compte-2.png
Everything is normal.
Now, I would like the cell (in the "remaining" column) that is equal to the cell above to be empty (or colored white with white text) to avoid having the same cell multiple times in a row.
If you have a tip, I would appreciate it.
Thank you :)
Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 47.0.2526.106
I would like to create a very succinct account tracking table in Excel.
I have created an automatic formula that allows me to only enter the values of my expenses and my income, and Excel calculates my total (see attached image):
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/53/1451294056-excel-compte-1.png
Following that, I copied the formula by dragging the cell down, and I get this:
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/53/1451294202-excel-compte-2.png
Everything is normal.
Now, I would like the cell (in the "remaining" column) that is equal to the cell above to be empty (or colored white with white text) to avoid having the same cell multiple times in a row.
If you have a tip, I would appreciate it.
Thank you :)
Configuration: Windows 7 / Chrome 47.0.2526.106
2 answers
-
ContributorHello
If you have an empty row, it doesn't work anymore
Date Description Expense Income Remaining
500
12/24/2015 gifts 50 450
100 350
240 110
230 -120
80 -40
100 60
200 260
empty row
12/26/2015 groceries 45 #VALUE!
--
It is by forging that one becomes a blacksmith. - It is at the foot of the wall that one sees the mason - one always learns from their mistakes-
I understand! :D
That's correct! If I skip a line or if I'm forced to delete an action, the following formulas break.
Here's how I would proceed:
I have an extra line, and the formula has indeed broken:
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/53/1451393819-1.png
I select my extra line by clicking on the number of my extra line, then right-click and delete:
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/53/1451393819-2.png
My line is deleted, but my formula is stuck because it lost the reference G13 (by the way, we can see that the formula automatically changed E14 and F14 to E13 and F13)
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/53/1451393819-3.png
I therefore delete the #REF! in my formula and replace it with G12.
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/53/1451393818-4.png
Everything works again and Excel automatically increments the formulas below, just perfect :)
-