Canon Scan 4200f

Solved
Hello, my name is Denis, and I am ignorant about computers. I own a Cannon 4200f scanner with the installation CD; I just bought an HP Pavilion computer running Windows 10. It does not recognize my scanner. Please help me troubleshoot with simplicity (if possible)

Configuration: Windows / Chrome 45.0.2454.101

2 answers

  1. Moderator
    Have you tried installing the driver manually?

    Right-click the driver --> 4200fvst648620a_64fr.exe
    Choose --> extract all
    Go to the extracted driver folder --> 4200fvst648620a_64fr
    Right-click on --> SetupSG.exe
    Choose --> extract all

    Go to Device Manager
    Right-click the device in question
    Update driver
    Search for driver on my computer
    Browse
    Go to the extracted driver folder --> 4200fvst648620a_64fr
    Select the extracted driver folder --> SetupSG
    Next, etc...
    Restart

    --
    The human being is at their best when things are at their worst
    0
    1. Hello Kaneagle and thank you. Problem apparently unsolvable because: "driver incompatible with Windows 10 64-bit operating system". Message confirmed by Canon. Scanner to be discarded and a compatible scanner purchase. THANK YOU, Denis
      0