ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED / The proxy server is not responding

Solved
Hello,

For the past few days, I have been unable to connect to the internet with my laptop, whether using Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer; I keep getting the same error response regarding the proxy.

I first uninstalled Firefox and then tried to install Chromium instead of Chrome, but that didn't change anything. By modifying Chrome's proxy settings, I was able to connect temporarily and update Java before it became stuck again. I ran an Avast scan without success either.

Chromium message: ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
Internet Explorer message: the proxy server is not responding, check the proxy settings 127.0.0.1:49344
Firefox uninstalled.

If anyone has any idea for a cleanup that I could perform or the origin of the problem, I am interested!!

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Annabelle

Configuration: Mac OS X Lion (10.7.5) / Chrome 38.0.2125.122

8 answers

  1. Moderator
    ok nothing abnormal, follow the procedure to remove the proxies and it should be good.

    --
    Comme l'ange que tu es, tu ris en créant une légèreté dans ma poitrine,
    Tes yeux me pénètrent,
    (Ta réponse est toujours 'peut-être')
    C'est à ce moment-là que je me suis levé et suis parti.
    14
    1. Moderator
      No problem :)

      --
      Comme l'ange que tu es, tu ris en créant une légèreté dans ma poitrine,
      Tes yeux me pénètrent,
      (Ta réponse est toujours 'peut-être')
      C'est à ce moment-là que je me suis levé et suis parti
      0
      1. Thank you very much, everything seems to be working.
        0
        1. Désolé, je ne peux pas accéder à des liens externes.
          0
          1. Below are the two FRST reports

            http://pjjoint.malekal.com/files.php?id=20150102_h5i13z8c8p7
            http://pjjoint.malekal.com/files.php?id=20150102_911v11o8g12
            0
            1. http://pjjoint.malekal.com/files.php?id=20160529_r10p12k8j14v15
              http://pjjoint.malekal.com/files.php?id=FRST_20160529_u12s11x11l14i9
              PLEASE TAKE A LOOK
              0
          2. Moderator
            look at this message to remove the proxies: https://forums.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-31306339-err-proxy-connection-failed-le-serveur-proxy-ne-repond-pas#2

            then:

            Follow this tutorial: https://www.malekal.com/tutoriel-farbar-recovery-scan-tool-frst/
            This will generate two FRST reports.
            Send these two reports as explained on the site http://pjjoint.malekal.com and provide the three pjjoint links for these reports so they can be reviewed.

            Like the angel you are, you laugh creating a lightness in my chest,
            Your eyes they penetrate me,
            (Your answer's always 'maybe')
            That's when I got up and left
            0
            1. # AdwCleaner v4.106 - Report created on 01/02/2015 # 16:48:26
              # Updated on 21/12/2014 by Xplode
              # Database : 2014-12-21.4 [Local]
              # Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64 bits)
              # Username : Delaney - DELANEY-PC
              # Executed from : C:\Users\Delaney\Desktop\adwcleaner_4.106.exe
              # Option : Scan

              ***** [ Services ] *****

              ***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

              ***** [ Scheduled Tasks ] *****

              ***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

              ***** [ Registry ] *****

              ***** [ Browsers ] *****

              -\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17496

              -\\ Mozilla Firefox v

              -\\ Chromium v38.0.2066.0

              *************************

              AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [40066 bytes] - [10/08/2014 13:56:28]
              AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [4807 bytes] - [02/01/2015 16:03:43]
              AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [1043 bytes] - [02/01/2015 16:41:19]
              AdwCleaner[R3].txt - [1118 bytes] - [02/01/2015 16:46:22]
              AdwCleaner[R4].txt - [918 bytes] - [02/01/2015 16:48:26]
              AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [37857 bytes] - [10/08/2014 13:58:30]
              AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [4592 bytes] - [02/01/2015 16:11:01]

              ########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[R4].txt - [1098 bytes] ##########


              It doesn't seem to yield much... I just started a Malwarebytes scan and I'm waiting for the analysis to finish, it seems to have detected something.
              0