Excel: cut/copy/paste issue

Solved
Hello,

For a few days, I haven't understood what's going on with Excel. Here are the "symptoms":
- when I do a copy/paste or cut/paste, the copied/cut cell or row is no longer highlighted, and the data pasted into the destination cell is no longer formatted like in the original cell.
- when I do a cut/paste the data is correctly copied to the destination cell, but the cut data remains in place in the original cell.
- when I do a cut/paste on an entire row the same thing happens as above, but I also get an error message: "The size and shape of the clipboard data do not match the selected area. Do you still want to paste the data?"

I tried repairing Office from the Control Panel -> Uninstall a program, but it didn't help.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 answer

  1. Moderator
    Hello

    Do you use Skype? (especially the Click to call feature) which seems to be the source of this type of problem at the moment.

    m@rina
    If you want to be helped effectively, please make sure you are on the right forum... and specify the software used as well as its version. We lack clairvoyants!
    8
    1. Indeed, I recently updated Skype with this feature.
      0
    2. I just uninstalled click to call and everything is working like before.
      Thank you Thank you Thank you!
      You are amazing!
      0
    3. Who can tell me where click to call is located and how to uninstall it? Just drag it to the trash?
      0
    4. Got it, thank you, I uninstalled click to call. However, you need to turn off the computer and turn it back on for it to take effect. The "cut" in Excel is working again.
      0
    5. The "cut / paste" doesn't work again. I thought the "click to call" had reappeared but apparently not, I can't find it. Can anyone tell me where it is located?
      Or is there another reason why it is not possible to use cut / paste in Excel?
      0