Disable Vaio Update

Solved
Hello,

New Sony Vaio VPCF136FD computer. I'm trying to limit the applications that launch at startup. However, there's one that I can't stop: Vaio Update. I've looked in MsConfig and in the registry - the Run keys - and I can't find where this application might be hidden.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

Jean Quebec

Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 5.0.1

3 answers

  1. Hello.

    I will therefore remove it from startup.

    Thank you

    Jean Québec
    0
    1. Hello.

      Actually, I don't want to delete Vaio Update; I just want it not to start at boot. I will do the updates manually on a weekly basis.

      So if I disable Vaio Software Self Update, will I still be able to manually launch the application? That's what I would like to know before proceeding further.

      Thank you

      Jean Quebec.
      0
      1. Yes, of course, you go into the settings and check for updates.
        0
    2. Hello,

      You launch the Vaio Update application - settings - you disable Vaio Software self-update.
      But since the PC is brand new, I advise against it; you will have updates to do.

      --
      Since man stood up on two legs, he believes himself to be the only thinking being among billions of solar systems comparable to our solar system.
      0