Meaning /"...../" in php

Solved
Hello,

What is the purpose of /"name/" in PHP?

Thank you.

7 answers

  1. Hello, how are you?
    What do the names <<.>> and <<..>> mean in Windows and Unix???????

    I know it's a difficult question, but I need to have a good answer

    Thank you and think well
    0
    1. Thank you for the help.
      0
      1. Contributor
        So StreM was right, re-read his post, and you will see that it's exactly that.

        --
        Punvf cnf dhbv zrgger...
        0
        1. echo "<input type=\"checkbox\" name=\"variable\" checked=\"checked\">";
          0
          1. I think you rather mean "...
            well when you define a string and you want to include quotes in it, you can't do:
            $string = "and he says: "wood, this is...". end.";

            Because you would define your string as: "and he says: " and PHP would return an error because it wouldn't understand the rest...
            So to include quotes, you have to declare your string like this:
            $string = "and he says: \"wood, this is...\". end.";
            This way, it does not take your quotes into account.
            Same for many special characters: to make a \ in a string, you have to put \\ (one to indicate that the following character is a special character).
            There you go, you almost know everything!

            --

            The less intelligent the white is, the more the black seems stupid to him.
            0
            1. Contributor
              Hi! How are you?

              Actually, I didn’t really think about that, because the underline of the "quotes, including me ^^, confused me :P

              Well thought ;)

              See you!

              --
              Signature strike...
              0
            2. @ErdnaxWell, I'm doing fine, and you?
              Not seeing straight today? :-P
              Well, neither am I, and don't worry, it took me a little while before I realized he had underlined where the question was...
              Were you there this morning?

              --

              The less intelligent the white is, the more the black seems stupid to him.
              0
            3. Contributor
              @StreMAlright...

              Yes, I was there this morning, but it's Friday, and besides, I had quite a few things to check, so one or two posts here and there, but nothing significant ;)

              --
              Punvf cnf dhbv zrgger...
              0
          2. Contributor
            Hi,

            It's a bit like in French; it's easier to respond in context...

            So if you have a "sentence", in other words, a piece of code that's a bit longer, we can certainly help you better ;)

            Talk soon

            --
            Signature strike...
            0