Removal of Apple Software Update

Solved/Closed
Hello,
I have an application on my system called Apple Software Update whose origin and purpose I am unaware of.
I would like to uninstall this software. When I try to do so through the program manager, I receive a message that makes me think the software is, on the contrary, being installed, then another message says, "A problem occurred with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this installation could not be run."
How can I remove this program?
Thanks to anyone who can help.

pjlt
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

3 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello,
    If you're not using iTunes, go to start, control panel, administrative tools, services, double-click on apple software update and stop the service, then add and remove, uninstall iTunes, QuickTime player, and Apple products like apple software update, etc...
    --
    Human beings are at their best when things are at their worst.
    5
    1. Thank you for this feedback, I was able to remove Apple Software Update.
      pjlt
      0
    2. Yes, that works.
      We really need to do it in the order you said.
      0
    3. Hello
      I have the same problem, but I can't find 'apple software update' in the list of services.
      Any other ideas?
      Thank you
      0
    4. Maybe a little late to respond, but here's how I was able to solve the problem:
      1) Start menu - Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs
      2) Click on Apple Software Update and select "Repair"
      3) Once it's finished, click on Apple Software Update again and this time select "Remove"

      Have a nice day
      0
    5. Éric M's response is more suitable for my issue, as there was no Apple Software Update in Services, thank you.
      0