Access - Function

Solved
Hello,
Windows XP – Access 2000.
I created a function to filter records. When I activate the function, I get the following message: "the entered expression contains an unrecognized function name." When I open the function to edit it, I notice that the setting in the top right is "(Declarations)" and the name is "F_Filtrer" (that's the name given to the function). If I select "F_Filtrer" and save it, as soon as I use it, the setting deactivates and reverts back to "(Declarations)." It’s worth noting that the function worked correctly 2 or 3 times. I don’t understand.
Thank you for your responses
Configuration: Windows XP Access 2000

5 answers

  1. ah ok, well I wasn't into it at all there :)
    0
    1. Re,
      Ok, are there any filter data in your records for characters ' or " by any chance?
      0
      1. Hello,

        ... I just found ...

        in the mode, in the left window, at the top, I had:

        (name) ... F_Filter

        I modified

        (name) ... F_Filter()

        ... and it works.

        And thank you very much for your help. Thank you
        0
    2. Oki, we can start with the syntax:

      Filter1 = "[Letter] Like ""*"" & forms![F_Fiche_Selection].[CXPROP] & ""*"""

      Filter1 = "[Letter] Like '*" & forms![F_Fiche_Selection].[CXPROP] & "*'"
      ==> [Letter] Like '*VALUE*'

      Which line gives you an error?
      0
      1. I don't have any line error message. When I activate the function through the macro, I get the following message: "the entered expression contains an unrecognized function name."
        0
    3. D'accord, je comprends que tu souhaites voir le code, mais je ne peux pas fournir cela.
      0
      1. Here is the code:

        Function F_Filtrer()
        Filtre1 = "[Lettre] Like ""*"" & forms![F_Fiche_Selection].[CXPROP] & ""*"""
        Filtre2 = "[Entreprise] Like ""*"" & forms![F_Fiche_Selection].[CXENTMAT] & ""*"""
        Filtre3 = "[Designation] Like ""*"" & forms![F_Fiche_Selection].[CXDES] & ""*"""
        DoCmd.OpenForm "F_Fiche_Selection_Resultat", acNormal, "", Filtre1 & " And " & Filtre2 & " And " & Filtre3, , acNormal
        End Function
        0
    4. Hello,
      The lists you're talking about simply indicate which section of code your cursor is in ("Declarations" when the cursor is at the beginning of the module...).
      Is this F_Filtrer function called by a button?
      0
      1. Thank you for the response
        - ok for the cursor position
        - from a button placed on the form, I activate a macro to
        a) Open Form
        b) ExecuteCode ... Function name: F_Filtrer()
        The most surprising thing is that the command worked 3 or 4 times!!!
        0