The freezer is not working

Hello,
as soon as I start Freezer after being on the Deezer site and setting in Firefox tools/options/advanced/network/settings/manual proxy configuration and putting localhost 8800.
This causes Firefox to crash and I can't access the internet!!
Can you help me configure it correctly so that it works, please?!!!
Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 3.0.6

22 answers

  1. I have had the same problem since March on Vista.
    To fix the issue, just download the Opera 9.6 Web browser from http://www.opera.com/
    and then configure it (tools>preferences>network>proxy server> and enter localhost and 8800) and it works ;)
    11
    1. Yes indeed, it works with Opera. Problem solved then.
      0
  2. Contact me by email for the software at xav.me@orange.fr
    Best regards, Xavier
    0
    1. Hi
      There's much better than freezer, it's TubeMaster++.
      0
      1. Maybe Freezer doesn't work anymore, but a new software that's much easier to use has arrived!!! And it works with version 3 of Deezer. Let me know if you're interested...
        Xav
        1
        1. Hi.
          Since Mozilla's downloadHelper doesn't work for recording from Deezer and Freezer is no longer available, I came across your message offering a software that can work with the new version of Deezer to record music.
          Could you please help me?

          Thank you, @ ++
          0
        2. Hi Xavier,
          I've been looking for this software for a while.. could you help me?
          Thanks!
          0
      2. Freezer no longer works on Deezer because they found a workaround.
        In fact, the Freezer project is over.
        7
        1. Same connection error, it feels like a fake.
          0
          1. Me neither, Freezer + is not working, connection error.
            1
            1. I downloaded Freezer + Pro v1.5, which allows you to search for music directly like a search engine, and it doesn't work; an error message appears: connection error when I do a search!!! If anyone knows the solution...
              Thanks in advance.
              2
              1. Hello, I downloaded Opera but it still doesn't work for me. How come?
                0
                1. just like you, I downloaded it and it still doesn't work. I'm still getting the same error message.
                  0
              2. Awesome! Finally, a long-awaited response! Long live Freezer!
                0
                1. Thank you very much, I have been trying to download on IE and Firefox for an hour without success.
                  Installed Opera and it works immediately!!!!
                  0
                  1. I have the same problem for a very short time, I can no longer download any music on Deezer with Freezer, when I put the proxy, Mozilla gives me a "Proxy connection refused." I have no updates and my PC is running on Windows Vista without SP (Service Pack).

                    This problem is quite annoying.
                    0
                    1. If it's a Windows Defender update that's causing trouble, then disabling WD should bypass the issue, right?
                      0
                      1. I disabled Windows Defender and restarted, but it didn't work

                        Still the same error message

                        However, upon rereading your messages, I notice that both XP and Vista users are affected, so I am a bit doubtful about this hypothesis, especially since they all seem to have a laptop (tested on 2 desktop computers with no issues)

                        Therefore, since I've already had problems with Wi-Fi recently (no longer able to access my desktop locally), I'm wondering if the proxy issue might be part of the problem?

                        Thanks to those who know a bit about how proxies work for any leads ...
                        0
                    2. Even doing that, it doesn't work because the music won't play. Is there a way to uninstall certain updates?
                      0
                      1. Start Firefox normally and go to Deezer. Prepare your music but do not start it. Now change the proxy settings and launch Freezer. Finish by starting the music.
                        1
                        1. It’s the same for me, Freezer doesn’t work on my laptop with Wi-Fi and Vista, while it works on my desktop with XP. If anyone has a solution, please let me know, thank you in advance.
                          0
                          1. xp
                            0
                            1. So it's definitely the Windows update, try uninstalling the latest update.
                              0
                            2. @lorikNon, moi c'est Vista.
                              0
                          2. Hello :

                            I have a small problem with Freezer.

                            Previously, Freezer was working, but for some time now, when I start it, I set the proxy server, go to Deezer, check the right box, I want to take a music track, and the recording page doesn’t appear. Please help me.

                            Thank you.
                            0
                            1. vista or xp
                              0
                          3. SAME PROBLEM FOR ME !!! IF YOU HAVE A SOLUTION THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

                            ^_^
                            0
                            1. me too it shows me
                              "Connection to the proxy server refused
                              Firefox is configured to use a proxy server but it is not accepting connections."
                              on all pages "google and others"
                              0
                              1. I have exactly the same problem:

                                - I am on Vista and I am using Firefox
                                - Internet works fine without a proxy
                                - As soon as I switch to localhost on port 8800 with freezer running in the background, the connection fails on any site with the same error message as yours
                                - The only difference is that I didn't have this problem at all during my first three weeks of use!

                                IT'S ONLY SINCE MONDAY, MARCH 9TH that I've had this problem. So I suspect a lousy Vista update that might be blocking this port or something...

                                If you have had this problem at the same time as me, please let me know.
                                0
                              2. @GI JO JOI did some research on my PC and it seems that an update under Vista of Windows Defender is causing a conflict (the connection to the proxy on port 8800 no longer works)

                                update: Definition Update for Windows Defender KB 915597 1.53.256.0 (this is the one that corresponds for me to 9/3 knowing that I definitely downloaded it on the evening of the 8th ...)

                                (according to my Vista, this type of update cannot be uninstalled, so I have no certainty about my hypothesis)

                                thank you for your assistance
                                0
                              3. @GI Jo JOThat's a PC running Vista since the Deezer update is down.
                                Another PC with XP has no Deezer update, it's working. Okay, not happy, Bill.
                                0
                            • 1
                            • 2