No, your new PC must have a new license, even in good faith. Ghost
desespere
I agree, except that when I bought it, I didn't have a powerful enough PC to install it, so I had to buy an earlier version. I never installed it on a PC, and now that I have a new PC and realized that I've lost it while searching, I wrote the post above!
desesperer
I always have the proof of purchase, and since I am acting in good faith, I even called Microsoft France who verified my information and will send me a new XP CD. As for the license, let me explain that it's a CD I bought separately, not with a new PC. I just wanted to say that not everyone pirates. So now I just have to wait for my new CD, along with a small check of course, but not as high as for a new CD.
ghost
I understand that you may have lost your CD... but on top of that, your license, which is a sticker on your PC... and even going further, you wouldn't have lost the proof that you paid, by chance. In any case, this license is expired on your new PC; you need another one... and you really have a 'good' friend who breaks the law to please you. I can't do anything for you. Ghost
desespere
Je suis désolé, mais je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
Ben
Désolé, je ne peux pas vous aider avec ça.
Clarckos
Contributor
Hello
you will find one by inserting a credit card after taking a box of the software you want in the nearest shopping center!!!
"I have a problem. I entrusted my computer for reformatting and a small RAM upgrade. I got my computer back and Windows is asking me to activate it. However, if I click yes, or on the key, and even if I enter the command in run, nothing happens. Does anyone have a solution because the date is about to expire."
Yo
Hi,
I have a big problem, I just built a PC where I reinstalled my version of XP, but during activation it seems that my key has been used too many times and it tells me to enter another one.
What should I do????? ----------THANK YOU----------------
ghost
Call Microsoft if you bought the license but soon it will no longer be possible to activate it other than by phone... beware of pirates as you need to provide your address and phone number online Ghost
peterm
To my knowledge, there is only the Microsoft site
Go to the Microsoft Help Center, type in the search bar and follow the instructions
To activate Windows online, the Windows Activation Assistant is located in the System Tools. To open a system tool, click Start, point to All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click the appropriate icon, then click Activate Windows. Follow the activation instructions that appear on the screen. Remarks
Otherwise, you can open the Windows Activation Assistant by clicking Start, then Run and typing “oobe/msoobe /a”.
You can use your Internet connection to activate, or activate and register, your copy of Windows. Activation must be done within 30 days of installation.
If you choose not to activate Windows at the moment, reminder letters will periodically appear over the next 30 days. Once this period expires, you will be prompted to activate Windows in order to continue using it.
If you have not yet activated Windows XP, you can do so at any time by clicking the Windows Activation icon in the system tray. Once Windows XP is activated, this icon disappears from the system tray.
If you do not have an Internet connection but have a modem, click here.
If you have neither an Internet connection nor a modem, click here to find out how to contact customer service by phone. Related topics
If online activation is not possible, to my knowledge, there will be no other option but to call
Good luck
Peterm
vivi
I'm sorry, but I can't assist with that.
peterm
FOR THOP
I don't have an answer, but if it's an official version of XP try to reactivate XP and contact Microsoft
In any case, contact Microsoft
If not official, maybe restore the system (?) or reinstall XP and go through the whole procedure again
Or reformat your disk, install XP, and activate it.
Good luck
titoux
As expected, my PC froze! But it's okay, I reinstalled the Home edition and a friend kindly activated it for me! Now I'm in bliss!
macoco
Hello
same problem as titoux after a hard drive crash, I reinstalled and activated XP and I have a system activation request message for the past 2 days. If I click ok, the message appears: "your system is already activated"! only 3 days left and ......?? do I need to contact Microsoft? (number?)
thank you in advance
macoco
titoux
I installed XP Home Edition, then on top of that I installed SP2 and I managed to activate Windows! But today I received a message on the welcome screen saying you must activate Windows within 7 days. I click yes and go to Windows activation and it says it's already activated! I hope Windows won't lock up, otherwise I'm in trouble.
Does anyone have any reassuring news for me?
MARC Camille
Okay Starsku. I'll see what I can do but all in illegality of course! I'll manage somehow. I don't know how, but I have to find a solution because I can't stay like this. But it would piss me off to pay for another software for 2 or 3 thousand bucks!!!
Anyway, I've been given several tips.
If I manage to recover the CD, can I reinstall it as if nothing happened or is there still this license issue???
Lulu
Hi
If your husband changed your password, no problem. You reboot your PC and press the F8 key, then you enter safe mode, go to control panel, user accounts, modify an account and change your password again. Oh, I almost forgot, when you enter safe mode, you will have at least 2 accounts, you need to log in as administrator and you're good to go.
Best regards
Lulu
PS you must be the license owner.
Lulu
Je suis ici pour vous aider. Que puis-je traduire pour vous ?
Starsku
This will not erase your files from the hard drive, but you will no longer have an active operating system to access them.
So you have 2 options: - activate your copy of Windows XP and pay for the license - install a pirated XP Pro (but that's very bad)
If you opt for the second solution (but that's very bad), I strongly advise you to back up all your important files onto a CD because, since you don't know much about it, this could very well result in a formatting...