Windows Server 2016

Hello,

I get the message: "Online - unable to retrieve roles and features data" when I open the server manager.
How can I fix this?

4 answers

  1. Moderator
    Hello

    Are you testing directly on the server or remotely?

    --
    Chouba, Moderator / My job is so secret that I don’t even know what I’m doing.
    0
    1. Hello Coubaka,
      Directly on the server
      0
  2. Moderator
    Hello

    Launch a PowerShell session in administrator mode

    If you see an error like: 0x800f0831

    Run the command

    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    It's probably a Windows update issue.

    Warning, if you are on a production server it’s important... Make sure to create a restore point first.
    Likewise, in any case, it's a habit to have... If you work in a virtual environment, a snapshot is also useful..

    --
    Chouba, Moderator / My job is so secret that I don't even know what I'm doing.
    0
    1. 0
    2. I have the error: 0x800f0805 on Windows 2016
      Here is an attached image.
      0
  3. Moderator
    So it's probably a faulty update... see if a restore point is possible...

    --
    Chouba, Moderator / My job is so secret that I don't even know what I'm doing.
    0