Remove the cross in MSGBOX

Solved
Hello everyone, forum hello,

Configuration: Windows / Edge 18.18362
Under Windows 10 and Excel 2007 Fr

I display a small message "End of listing" with the code below, then the message automatically disappears after 3 seconds, so far so good.

I would like to remove the X in the top right corner of the MSGBOX so that it cannot be preemptively closed.

So I want to remove it and make the X inactive, and the message should disappear by itself after 3 seconds.

Thank you for your help, have a good afternoon.

I have seen tips on the web and tried them, but they don't work.

Best regards, duduleray


Sub Msgbox_01()
CreateObject("Wscript.shell").Popup "End of listing", 3, "Information message", vbInformation
End Sub

6 answers

  1. Contributor
    Hello,
    can you clarify "basic" when you share VBA code?
    "It's not working": what's happening, do you have an error message?
    1
    1. Hello,

      To avoid the cross, you need at least two buttons

      Sub Msgbox_01()
      CreateObject("WScript.Shell").Popup "End of listing", 3, "Information message", vbYesNo + vbInformation
      End Sub
      But the buttons close the box

      I saw a site where a guy developed a DLL to avoid having a button, but you have to download the DLL and install it on each PC where the file will be

      A simple example with UserForm and Timer:
      https://mon-partage.fr/f/hPdkmbEI/
      1
      1. Hello yg_be,

        Thank you for your reply, I have selected "basic" and then pasted my piece of code between the two icons, but it's not working.

        I am on Windows 10 and official French Edge, I already removed Internet Explorer 11 because of this issue but it's still not working and I don't know why.

        That's it for that, otherwise I don't have any error messages since I don't have the code to fulfill my request.

        Thank you for your help, have a nice afternoon.

        Best regards, Duduleray
        0
        1. Hi f894009,

          Thank you for your response, that's nice.

          I tried your file which works almost

          I just modified the 3 seconds, I set it to 10 seconds to see
          but I don't see the countdown displayed in the USF
          and after 10 seconds the USF disappears

          I would really like to see the countdown if possible, I've seen that online
          it was a small bar graph in the center of a USF that moved according to the countdown time with the display counting down, like below roughly

          ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| remaining 05 s |||||||||||||||||||

          Thank you for your help, have a good evening

          Best regards, Duduleray
          0
          1. Re,
            but I don't see the countdown displayed in the USF
            Not requested and not in your WScript example
            In "my" example, it's not possible with this code, but feasible with different code
            0
          2. @f894009Good evening

            Thank you for the response,

            would it be possible to do that with a different code?
            Please could you do that for me, that would be very kind.

            Thank you in advance.

            Best regards, duduray
            0
          3. @dudulerayHello,

            Okay; I'll take a look at it.
            0
          4. @f894009Hello,

            Thank you for your response,

            So I would like to display a message via a USF or MSGBOX with an adjustable auto-close timer without clicking on OK or a cross

            and if possible a small progress bar that decreases over time with a numerical display in the middle of the progress bar

            have a nice day and thank you

            Best regards, duduleray
            0
          5. @dudulerayWhat will happen during the wait?
            0
        2. Hi,

          While waiting, I would just like to see the numerical countdown in the middle of the paragraph
          and then at the end, we close the USF.

          The waits won't be very long, around ten seconds or so.

          Thank you, see you later, have a good afternoon.

          Best regards, duduleray
          0
          1. @f894009Hi, I can't access the site my share
            it might be due to network congestion even though I have fiber

            I will wait a bit and then I will try again

            I retrieved the file.
            0
          2. Contributor
            @dudulerayIt's the site that is overloaded, not your local Internet access.
            Try again.
            0
          3. @yg_beHi yg_be,

            Thank you for the info, I just retrieved the file, it's the first time it's been this long.
            Have a nice evening, thank you

            Regards, Duduleray
            0
        3. Re f894009,

          Thank you for the file, it works well.

          So for me, it's good, I thank you for creating the little code, that's nice of you.

          I will mark the topic as resolved

          Have a good evening and thanks again.

          Best regards, DuduleRay
          0