Optifine won't open :'(

Solved
Hello, I got a new PC, I downloaded Java, then Minecraft, and Minecraft runs without any problem. I wanted to install Optifine on my version, I downloaded it as well and double-clicked on it; a page opens for a split second and then nothing. I have already reinstalled it but it doesn't change anything.

Thank you to those who will help me.

1 answer

  1. Moderator
    Hello,

    Open the program from a command prompt, it will prevent the page from closing by itself.
    --
    Trust does not exclude control.
    15
    1. Yes, but how do you do that?
      0
    2. Moderator
      You open a command prompt (start menu > command prompt)
      The program you click on, you drag it into the command prompt and press enter.
      0
    3. He tells me this
      C:\Users\admin>C:\Users\admin\Downloads\OptiFine_1.10_HD_U_B6.jar
      Error: unable to find or load the main class C:\Users\admin\Downloads\OptiFine_1.10_HD_U_B6.jar
      0
    4. Moderator
      This means that it is not an executable jar, but a utility jar that must be used by another program (perhaps Minecraft directly?).
      1
    5. problem solved with this command,

      1/ java -version (and check that something displays)
      2/ java -jar NAME_OF_JAR.jar to execute the jar.

      thank you for your help :)
      5