Installing Linux without CD or USB drive
Solved
Hello,
I would like to install UBUNTU on a recent laptop that I have recovered.
It has no CD drive and the BIOS does not offer the option to boot from the USB port!
Its hard drive is formatted in NTFS and partitioned into 2 drives.
I would like to know how to install the OS knowing that my computer skills are quite limited.
Having read several topics on this subject, and other pages on the Ubuntu site, I have a hard time understanding everything as the procedures seem very complex!
If someone could explain all this in a simple way, that would be great!
Thanks
Configuration: Windows / Chrome 48.0.2564.116
I would like to install UBUNTU on a recent laptop that I have recovered.
It has no CD drive and the BIOS does not offer the option to boot from the USB port!
Its hard drive is formatted in NTFS and partitioned into 2 drives.
I would like to know how to install the OS knowing that my computer skills are quite limited.
Having read several topics on this subject, and other pages on the Ubuntu site, I have a hard time understanding everything as the procedures seem very complex!
If someone could explain all this in a simple way, that would be great!
Thanks
Configuration: Windows / Chrome 48.0.2564.116
3 answers
-
You can use the online installer at this address or the network installer
https://ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads-
-
Contributor@TheTutoGammaI don't see what other options he has???
We're still on the iso to burn (CD/DVD/USB) or PXE, and now without a server; -\
-