GPU change and no internet anymore

Hello,

My son changed the graphics card on his PC yesterday. It’s an NVIDIA GEForce 7900 in PCI Express. Since then he has had no internet access. I have a Freebox. I had connected 1 PC to it via USB (mine) and 1 PC via Ethernet (for my son) and this has worked for over a year, without problems. On my PC I find a Freebox USB Network Adapter #2 and a SIS-900-based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter. On my son's PC there is no network card at all in the Device Manager. Yet until we installed this cursed graphics card his PC worked better than mine! I called Free’s hotline last night (thinking the problem came from the Freebox). The call was cut off 3 times and every time I called back I was told that the problem does not come from the Freebox but from the network card and that Free only handles problems with the Freebox. Moreover, on my son’s PC, in Device Manager, there is a section “Other devices” containing 2 lines with yellow question marks: “Other PCI bridge device” and “SM Bus Controller.” Where could the problem come from? How do you reinstall a network card? Is it a driver problem? How do you obtain these drivers? The only installation CD I have with my son’s PC is a complete Windows reformat CD… Please help! Thank you in advance.

Configuration: Windows XP Firefox 2.0.0.3

3 answers

  1. remove the two question marks and refresh and reinstall the drivers
    if you don’t have the drivers in question go check at:

    touslesdrivers.com
    0
    1. I’d be happy to remove the question marks, but what do they correspond to?
      And "refresh": what is the procedure??
      Sorry, I’m a bit overwhelmed here.
      Michele
      0
      1. They correspond to the drivers not found; delete them and restart.
        0
        1. Thank you for your help!
          But reboot I’ve already done several times, without success.
          The machine can’t find a network card so no internet connection.
          I’m desperate...
          0
        2. Did you delete the yellow things in the system manager?
          0
        3. @regYes yes I deleted them but every time I restart the PC they reappear
          0
        4. @regzarb normally it should ask you to reinstall them, I think you should show it to a specialist
          0