Driver for Slimtype DVDRW SSM-8515S

Hello. I bought an Acer Mobile AMD Sempron laptop with a 3100+ processor (Windows XP). It has a Slimtype DVDRW SSM-8515S drive, but it does not appear in my computer. The message is as follows: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. This driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) I would like to know if it is possible to download this driver somewhere. Thank you.
Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0

6 answers

  1. Hello everyone! I'm in the same "mess" as the OP :s My SSM 8515S burner is no longer recognized in my computer or in the device manager, and I have the same message!
    I've searched online and can't find the drivers for this burner anywhere?! What should I do?
    Thanks for any help you can provide ;)
    5
    1. UP :p I have to confess that it's quite urgent, I have to copy a disk in order to return it, and I would like to find the solution to my problem fairly quickly!
      Thanks again to those who can help me!
      0
    2. Apparently, we have the same PC. I was looking for an update and I stumbled upon this forum by chance.

      Mine is well installed, it is perfectly recognized by XP and Vista. The driver is a Microsoft driver, which is located in the Windows\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys directory.

      Driver date: 06/21/06
      Version: 6.0.6000.16386

      And despite an online search, I couldn't find a newer one.

      I have a question too, are you happy with DVD-Rs? No reading or burning failures? Not too noisy?
      0
    3. @JRHello

      I'm reaching out to you because I have a serious issue with my SSM-85155 drivers; they have simply disappeared from my Acer portable PC ASPIRE WSMI and I can no longer use my DVDs or CDs

      Could you please help me and send me your drivers

      There is no download available online

      It's unthinkable that original drivers on my computer could just vanish like that

      Thank you in advance for this inconvenience and your help would be greatly appreciated
      Thanks again

      I look forward to hearing from you
      Frantz
      0
  2. Hello,
    I had the same problem as you all with an Acer 5610 series running on Vista...

    What the person said in English works wonderfully...

    Just follow Microsoft's advice and it works...
    4
    1. I have the same one on an ACER ASPIRE 9302WSMI, the driver was lost during the installation of a Pinnacle product (hardware incompatibility). I found the Pinnacle driver on the SSM-8515S DVD-ROM.
      Problem solved...
      1
      1. le mémé propreme su acer aspire 9300 avec windos 7
        1
        1. If someone can find the solution to the problem, it would be a good thing. I've been looking for 2 weeks but I still can't reactive my slimtype dvdrw ssm-8515 ata device.
          0
          1. Hello,
            I have an Acer Aspire 9410 and the driver for the reader has also disappeared!
            What should I do?
            I can't find it on the internet!
            0