Direct3D please help me.

Hello, when I launch Hl², Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle-Earth, I get the following message:

-Hl²: Engine Error

Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9:: Present()

And for the Lord of the Rings, the message is different with unknown...

So is it possible to uninstall and reinstall Direct3D?

Thank you.

21 answers

  1. They also show me:

    Game crash
    Direct3D error 0x0x8007000e (E_OUTOFMEMORY)
    (unknown)(0): game.dat+241550 (unknown)
    (unknown)(0): game.dat+1176743 (unknown)
    (unknown)(0): game.dat+1252306 (unknown)
    (unknown)(0): game.dat+979598 (unknown)
    (unknown)(0): game.dat+715245 (unknown)
    (unknown)(0): game.dat+1123914 (unknown)
    (unknown)(0): game.dat+922153 (unknown)

    Because of the severity of this error the game
    1
    1. Moderator
      Are your graphics card drivers up to date?
      --
      a+
      dje-dje
      There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't
      1
      1. Moderator
        Sorry, but if DirectX is up to date, as well as your graphics card drivers, it should work.

        If you run a dxdiag, does it tell you anything concerning?

        Do you have other games running correctly or are these the only two installed?
        --
        See you
        dje-dje
        There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
        1
        1. Yes, I have the same problem too. What could it be due to? Thank you in advance.
          1
          1. Hello, I'm having an issue with Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath:

            direct 3D error 0x08000e (E_OUTOFMEMORY)
            12 addresses:
            (unknown)(0): cnc3ep1.dat+36406 Debug::PreStaticInit+2306
            (unknown)(0): cnc3ep1.dat+4730290 Debug::PostStaticInit+4691361
            (unknown)(0): cnc3ep1.dat+4787669 Debug::PreStaticInit+4748740
            (unknown)(0): cnc3ep1.dat+4788693 Debug::PreStaticInit+4749764
            (unknown)(0): cnc3ep1.dat+3576284 Debug::PreStaticInit+3537355
            (unknown)(0): cnc3ep1.dat+3755141 Debug::PreStaticInit+3716212
            (unknown)(0): cnc3ep1.dat+3768523 Debug::PreStaticInit+3729594
            (unknown)(0): cnc3ep1.dat+3833172 Debug::PreStaticInit+3794243
            (unknown)(0): cnc3ep1.dat+1088182 Debug::PreStaticInit+1049253
            (unknown)(0): cnc3ep1.dat+1145313 Debug::PreStaticInit+1106384
            (unknown)(0): cnc3ep1.dat+1145313 Debug::PreStaticInit+1107880
            (0): (unknown mod) (unknown)

            Because of the severity of this error the game will now exit.

            If anyone can help me resolve this issue, because I don’t see what’s wrong.

            Thank you in advance.
            1
            1. It's nice, but the reinstallation is already done.
              0
              1. yes
                0
                1. Hello, I have the same problem for counter, did you find the solution? Here’s my email to reply to me please: thescarface13@msn.com
                  -1
              2. Moderator
                Have you applied the latest patches for the game?
                --
                a+
                dje-dje
                There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't
                0
                1. Thank you, anyway :(

                  If by any chance you find the solution, could you contact me by email.

                  flo31leboss@hotmail.fr

                  Thank you
                  0
                  1. So I tested everything in dxdiag and it didn't find anything (error).

                    Uh... yeah I only have HL² and Lord of the Rings installed.
                    0
                    1. More ideas :( :::::::::::::
                      0
                      1. No one anymore :(
                        0
                        1. -dxlevel 80 -window +r_rootlod 2 +mat_picmip 2 +mat_reducefillrate 1 +r_waterforceexpensive 0 +r_waterforcereflectentities 0 +r_shadowrendertotexture 0 +AntiAliasing 0 +mat_antialias 0

                          Here are all the fixes to be applied at the launch of CSS.
                          0
                      2. Hello,
                        except that for me direct3d is acting up...
                        0
                        1. Hello,

                          OK it's quite simple even though I stumbled upon it by chance due to memory management issues

                          Beware this solution requires a minimum of knowledge and must be executed correctly or your PC may malfunction!!!

                          Here is the solution:

                          http://vgu5798s4420.verygames.net/index.php?file=Forum&page=viewtopic&forum_id=8&thread_id=240

                          Best regards

                          StarFighter
                          0
                          1. Even simpler

                            Go to this page:

                            http://vgu5798s4420.verygames.net/index.php?file=Forum&page=viewtopic&forum_id=8&thread_id=244

                            Download the patch, unzip it, double-click on it to install, and restart your machine.

                            And there you go, your problem is gone.
                            0
                            1. I have the same problem.
                              Where do you download the patch? I couldn't find it on your site... thank you in advance.
                              0
                            2. Yes, the link is dead -_-
                              0
                          2. Hello,
                            Same thing, I get a return on Windows when I join a CS: Source server, fortunately not on all servers but I can't go on any Zombie servers, yet I have the solution, but after that my graphics are too poor for those who have CS: Source with this issue:
                            Internal driver error in direct3D device present::()
                            - Open Steam
                            - My games
                            - (Right-click) Counter Strike Source
                            - Properties
                            - Set launch options...
                            - - Dxlevel 80-window r_rootlod + 2 + mat_picmip 2 + mat_reducefillrate 1 + r_waterforceexpensive 0 + r_waterforcereflectentities 0 + r_shadowrendertotexture 0

                            + AntiAliasing 0 + mat_antialias 0

                            There you go, if you put this in CS: Source (or another) it works perfectly but with worse graphics.
                            If someone had a code like this to put in the launch options that has the best graphics, that would be nice.
                            0
                            1. For the crash on startup of HL2 and CS Source "engine error".

                              It's simple.
                              You need to disable the steam community in game!

                              Found on an English forum (It worked for me):

                              xero88 wrote:

                              ok. so go into steam open the file tab go into settings and into In-game uncheck the use steam community.

                              should run fine after that!

                              Out of everything else I have read on the web, what I have quoted above is the only thing that worked

                              Thanks!
                              0
                              • 1
                              • 2