ASUS Software: Useful or Useless?
Solved
Hello,
I just received my new laptop, an Asus G53SW-SX180V, and I noticed that many software programs were pre-installed on it. Here is the list:
-ASUS AI Recovery
-ASUS Lifeframe 3
-ASUS Live Update
-ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid
-ASUS SmartLogon
-ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology
-ASUS Virtual Camera
-ASUS WebStorage
-Asus_GSeries_Screensaver
-AsusVibe2.0
-ATK Package
-Cyberlink LabelPrint
-Cyberlink Power2GO
-ExpressGate Cloud
-Fast Boot
-Fresco Logic USB3.0 Host Controller
-Atheros WLAN and Bluetooth Client Installation Program
-Nuance PDF Reader
-Pando Media Booster
-Roxio CinePlayer
-Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
-syncables desktop SE
-THX TruStudio
-Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security
-WinFlash
-Wireless Console 3
That's a lot, and I would like to know what these software programs are for, whether they are essential for the proper functioning of my PC, or if I can uninstall them without any issues.
Thank you in advance :)
Nexoryus
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 5.0.1
I just received my new laptop, an Asus G53SW-SX180V, and I noticed that many software programs were pre-installed on it. Here is the list:
-ASUS AI Recovery
-ASUS Lifeframe 3
-ASUS Live Update
-ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid
-ASUS SmartLogon
-ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology
-ASUS Virtual Camera
-ASUS WebStorage
-Asus_GSeries_Screensaver
-AsusVibe2.0
-ATK Package
-Cyberlink LabelPrint
-Cyberlink Power2GO
-ExpressGate Cloud
-Fast Boot
-Fresco Logic USB3.0 Host Controller
-Atheros WLAN and Bluetooth Client Installation Program
-Nuance PDF Reader
-Pando Media Booster
-Roxio CinePlayer
-Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
-syncables desktop SE
-THX TruStudio
-Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security
-WinFlash
-Wireless Console 3
That's a lot, and I would like to know what these software programs are for, whether they are essential for the proper functioning of my PC, or if I can uninstall them without any issues.
Thank you in advance :)
Nexoryus
Configuration: Windows 7 / Firefox 5.0.1
6 answers
-
Hello
I commented on the list of software based on my knowledge, it might not be 100% reliable
I put a ? when I don't know- ASUS AI Recovery ? probably useless
- ASUS Lifeframe 3 useless
- ASUS Live Update useless
- ASUS Power4Gear Hybrid useful for power management
- ASUS SmartLogon useless
- ASUS Splendid Video Enhancement Technology useless
- ASUS Virtual Camera useless
- ASUS WebStorage as you like I would say useless
- Asus_GSeries_Screensaver it's a screensaver ...
- AsusVibe2.0 ? probably useless
- ATK Package USEFUL!
- Cyberlink LabelPrint useless
- Cyberlink Power2GO useless
- ExpressGate Cloud as you like
- Fast Boot ?
- Fresco Logic USB3.0 Host Controller ?
- Atheros WLAN and Bluetooth Client Installation Program - seems to be just the WiFi driver
- Nuance PDF Reader useless
- Pando Media Booster ? probably useless
- Roxio CinePlayer useless
- Synaptics Pointing Device Driver useful for certain touchpad functions
- syncables desktop SE ? probably useless
- THX TruStudio probably useless
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security useless (as you like)
- WinFlash ?
- Wireless Console 3 useless, Windows manages ASUS WiFi very well
-
Jill, you don't know anything, my poor thing.. Half of the software is useful, Thx studio is useful, wireless console 3 is useful, nuance pdf reader is useful, by the way it replaces adobe reader, it's even better, well, you shouldn't respond to people when you don't know anything.. Asus webstorage is the software to delete because it crashes the explorer.
-
-
-
-