Issue with Notepad ++

Solved
Hello,

<config>Windows 7 / Firefox 3.6.13</config, Latest version of Notepad++>

I am currently in the process of modifying some things in a .conf file (for a game), but unfortunately, my Notepad++ gives me an error when I try to save my changes:

<Save Failed >
<Please check whether this file is opened in another program>

But nothing works, the program is not open anywhere else, nor is it being used by the game or anything else, the file is launched alone...
Does anyone have a solution for this pretty significant problem?
( Oh my God, what am I going to do without Notepad++ :O )

Thanks in advance to those who pay attention to this post :)

10 answers

  1. If the file is read-only, try disabling it; otherwise, if you are using a user account, try adding your username in the security settings of the folder where the file is located.
    0
    1. I admit I don't really understand what you mean...
      But I don't know how to add a user to the folder where the file is located; I can only change their permissions, etc. I've set everything to the maximum, but it still bugs...
      0
      1. Read-only: right-click on the file > properties > read-only, and if it is checked, uncheck it.

        For the user (on Windows Seven): right-click on the folder > properties > security > edit > add > you add your username > confirm and then OK.
        0
        1. But if I change the file reading system, it forces me to change the reading system of the other files that are read-only...
          Moreover, I'm afraid it will disrupt the coordination of these documents...
          I've tried again with the permissions on the security, etc.
          But when I go to modify > ok, it says "Unable to find the name" and shows me an incomprehensible table with "correct this information" or "remove this user"...
          Damn it!
          0
          1. The notepad? ^^ Otherwise, Komodo, Geany, conText or psPad
            Also, what you can try is to copy the file to the desktop, disable read-only, modify it, set it back to read-only, and then replace it in the folder.
            0
            1. That's good, thanks!

              <Resolved with "Otherwise, what you can try is to copy the file to the desktop, disable read-only, edit it, set it back to read-only, and then replace it in the folder.">
              0