File deletion issue mpg/mpeg

Hello everyone. I'm calling for help with a rather annoying problem:
it turns out that after a visit from my little brother's friend, there are four videos with rather suggestive titles in the "Incomplete" folder of Limewire on my PC... So you can understand why I've decided to delete them as quickly as possible. However, these four .mpg and .mpeg files are simply undeletable! (Moreover, they used to open with Real Player which I uninstalled in the process...)
When I select them and press Delete, nothing happens. Then when I try to delete the entire "Incomplete" folder, I get the message: "Unable to delete T-1252~1.MPE: The specified file cannot be found. Verify that the name and path of the specified file are correct."
I've tried Killbox which told me that the file could not be deleted. I've run scans with McAfee and Ad-aware which found no trace of viruses. I've also tried CCleaner but nothing works!
It would be great if you could help me! Thanks in advance.

By the way, I would like to mention a second problem: my PC freezes quite often, meaning that suddenly My Documents, or even Firefox (which I chose because IE6 caused too many problems) freezes, everything turns white, and you can't do anything. It's very annoying. I've almost thrown the computer out the window half a dozen times... Anyway, that's it. Thank you.

David
Configuration: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz 3.01 GHz 512 MB of RAM Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version 2002

11 answers

  1. hello,
    I had exactly the same problem as you and I found a very simple and effective solution: you open limewire, go to the library, saved files, right-click on the undeletable file and "delete"! And it works even though I had tried every possible means of deletion beforehand!
    2
    1. It's true that you're a genius, Jojo
      I had the same problem and all I needed was to read your post to delete that MPEG file that's been sitting on my PC for months
      Long live this forum!
      0
  2. I'm having the same problem; the file has a name that's too long to change it. I can't move it anywhere other than the desktop. In DOS, it doesn't work, and safe mode doesn't help either. Right-clicking doesn't show "delete." Nothing happens when I try to send it to the trash. I've tried several software and antivirus programs, and it's not even detected. It's impossible to delete this f...ing mpg file. I've gone through all the topics on this issue on CCM and haven't found anything useful either. Apparently, many of us have this problem online, but there's still no solution. I'm not about to format my computer for this! Not to mention that it's slowing down my machine. It's been two days that it's bugging out because of a stupid porn file (not even downloaded by me) coming from Limewire. And on top of that, it’s a file that's 0 bytes. Help!!!
    1
    1. Thank you for your response!
      Here is the result:

      Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
      Scan saved at 15:27:19, on 26.11.2005
      Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
      MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!

      Running processes:
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
      c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
      C:\Program Files\Medion Home CinemaXL\PowerCinema\PCMService.exe
      C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
      C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
      C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
      C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
      C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I0K2.EXE
      c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\LVCOMSX.EXE
      C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
      C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
      C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
      C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
      C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BackWeb-8876480.exe
      C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
      C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\FxSvr2.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
      C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
      c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
      C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
      c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
      C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\X10\Common\x10nets.exe
      C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
      C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
      C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
      C:\Documents and Settings\David\Mes documents\David's Downloads\HijackThis.exe

      R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ch/
      R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
      R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://g.msn.fr/0SEFRFR/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
      R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
      R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
      R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
      R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Liens
      O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
      O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
      O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
      O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
      O3 - Toolbar: Steganos Internet Anonyme - {00000000-5736-4205-0008-2fe89c996183} - c:\program files\steganos internet anonym 7\sia7iep.dll
      O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Medion Home CinemaXL\PowerCinema\PCMService.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus Photo RX500] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I0K2.EXE /P24 "EPSON Stylus Photo RX500" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus Photo RX500"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVCOMSX] C:\WINDOWS\System32\LVCOMSX.EXE
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoRepair] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoTray] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe" /WinStart
      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BackWeb-8876480.exe
      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
      O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
      O4 - Global Startup: Lancement rapide d'Adobe Reader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
      O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LDMConf.exe
      O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
      O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
      O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll
      O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab31267.cab
      O16 - DPF: {15AD6789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} - http://static.windupdates.com/cab/MediaAccessVerisign/ie/Bridge-c139.cab
      O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab31267.cab
      O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst20040510.cab
      O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by111fd.bay111.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
      O16 - DPF: {8C875948-9C60-4381-9248-0DF180542D53} - http://installs.hotbar.com/installs/hbtools/programs/hbtools.cab
      O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab31267.cab
      O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab32846.cab
      O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
      O21 - SSODL: LimeWire - {1325C6A6-6EFD-4B3C-E41A-3E92B07FD4B6} - (no file)
      O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
      O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
      O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
      O23 - Service: Service Bonjour (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
      O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
      O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
      O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
      O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
      O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
      O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
      O23 - Service: X10 Device Network Service (x10nets) - X10 - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\X10\Common\x10nets.exe
      0
      1. Re,
        run HijackThis, choose option 2, then check the boxes in front of the lines I told you and once that's done click on "fix checked" at the bottom

        O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions present
        O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab31267.cab
        O16 - DPF: {15AD6789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} - http://static.windupdates.com/cab/MediaAccessVerisign/ie/Bridge-c139.cab
        O16 - DPF: {2917297F-F02B-4B9D-81DF-494B6333150B} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab31267.cab
        O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst20040510.cab
        O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by111fd.bay111.hotmail.msn.com/resources/MsnPUpld.cab
        O16 - DPF: {8C875948-9C60-4381-9248-0DF180542D53} - http://installs.hotbar.com/installs/hbtools/programs/hbtools.cab
        O16 - DPF: {8E0D4DE5-3180-4024-A327-4DFAD1796A8D} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsClient.cab31267.cab
        O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab32846.cab
        O21 - SSODL: LimeWire - {1325C6A6-6EFD-4B3C-E41A-3E92B07FD4B6} - (no file)

        Then, click on start, my computer, C:, tools, folder options, "view" tab, check: "show all hidden folders and files" and uncheck: "hide protected operating system files," apply, ok.

        Click on start, run, type: msconfig then go to the startup tab and remove everything except your antivirus and firewall, this way, it will allow your system to start up faster, you can reinstall your programs later if you desire, don't worry.

        Download these free anti-spyware programs, if you don't have them then scan your PC with each of them:

        SpyBot - Search & Destroy in French:
        http://www.01net.com/telecharger/windows/Internet/internet_utlitaire/fiches/26157.html

        a² free: Against trojans, malware...(registration on the website)
        http://www.01net.com/telecharger/windows/Utilitaire/antivirus/fiches/26618.html

        Run an online antivirus scan below:
        Bitdefender:
        http://www.bitdefender.fr

        Once it's done, repost a new HijackThis report and let us know if your problem persists.
        --
        It is by forging that one becomes a blacksmith
        0
    2. Here is the result. I couldn't run a scan with BitDefender because my IE6 isn't working. As for the four videos, the problem isn't resolved. I also forgot to mention that when I right-click on one of them, the delete function is not present...

      Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
      Scan saved at 18:22:28, on 26.11.2005
      Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)
      MSIE: Unable to get Internet Explorer version!

      Running processes:
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
      c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
      C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
      c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
      C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
      C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
      c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
      C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
      C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
      c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsftsn.exe
      C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
      C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
      C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
      C:\Documents and Settings\David\Mes documents\David's Downloads\Logiciels\HijackThis.exe

      R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.ch/
      R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
      R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://g.msn.fr/0SEFRFR/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
      R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
      R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
      R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = localhost
      R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Liens
      O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
      O2 - BHO: (no name) - {243B17DE-77C7-46BF-B94B-0B5F309A0E64} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
      O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
      O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
      O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
      O3 - Toolbar: Steganos Internet Anonyme - {00000000-5736-4205-0008-2fe89c996183} - c:\program files\steganos internet anonym 7\sia7iep.dll
      O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] "c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\System32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCMService] "C:\Program Files\Medion Home CinemaXL\PowerCinema\PCMService.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LVCOMSX] C:\WINDOWS\System32\LVCOMSX.EXE
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoTray] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\LogiTray.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogitechVideoRepair] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Video\ISStart.exe
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
      O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus Photo RX500] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_S4I0K2.EXE /P24 "EPSON Stylus Photo RX500" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus Photo RX500"
      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
      O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BackWeb-8876480.exe
      O4 - Global Startup: Quick Launch of Adobe Reader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
      O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LDMConf.exe
      O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
      O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\bonjour\mdnsnsp.dll
      O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
      O20 - AppInit_DLLs: MsgPlusLoader.dll
      O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
      O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
      O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
      O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
      O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
      O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
      O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - Unknown owner - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
      O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
      O23 - Service: McAfee.com VirusScan Online Realtime Engine (MCVSRte) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
      O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
      O23 - Service: X10 Device Network Service (x10nets) - X10 - C:\PROGRA~1\Common Files\X10\Common\x10nets.exe
      0
      1. Is your version of XP "valid"?!
        If so, go ahead with the updates, start, all programs (at the top) Windows update, then let yourself be guided.

        Your HijackThis report seems correct to me.
        Have you tried to start your PC in safe mode and delete the file that won't go away with Killbox?

        --
        Practice makes perfect
        0
      2. @boulepateHi! I had the same problem with my sister (and yes, even women...).
        I tried safe mode and installed a cleaning program but nothing worked!
        Have you managed to solve your problem? If so, would you be kind enough to give me 5 minutes to explain how you did it?

        Thank you in advance!
        0
    3. I don't think it's valid, right? However, for these files of (...), I have already tried Safe Mode but I always receive the same message...
      0
      1. That's annoying :( .. maybe we should download another software that would help remove these files similar to Killbox, because I don't see any other way, sorry .. :(
        --
        Practice makes perfect
        0
    4. You could use the following method

      open your antivirus and go to the "quarantine" tab, you click "add" and you put your files there; you can then delete them
      preferably do this in safe mode if your antivirus allows it

      keep us informed
      0
      1. Hello Ptretrisseure, I tried your method but it didn't work. So I formatted my hard drive. It's good, it works. I put all my data on an external drive. On the external drive, I was able to delete the corrupted file without any problem (since it was in the desktop file). There you go, I reinstalled everything and it works like new. I'm happy, really happy!)
        0
        1. Jojo ... you are a genius of simplicity and efficiency .... lol

          Thank you ....

          PS: it's my mother who is the naughty one, lmaooooo!!!! divorce is hard .....
          0
          1. Oh shiiiiit!! Hello everyone! For my part, just passing by here to find a magic solution for these f*****g mpeg files... I'm desperate, I was about to shed a tear, the more the wheel rolled under my finger, the more I was ready to pull out the tissue... And then, I see this orange message, I find my smile again, I test it, Bingo! The trick is revealed.

            ''my girlfriend ursulla@hotm..l.com beur levrette ..... ...... ...... sodomy .... ... '' Imagine the mess right in the middle of my folder!!

            A big thank you to Jojo, a genius of simplicity and efficiency as they say... You draw attention in style... Haha
            0