I want to install a software that is stored on 3 floppy disks. Since I no longer have a floppy disk drive, how can I install it? Without having to buy a drive, of course!! Thank you
I tried to do that by directly copying a floppy disk to a different file, it doesn't work. It's not the same thing?
le druide
Contributor
question not very precise!
if the software is stored on three floppy disks how can you transfer these files to the hard drive without a floppy disk drive?
a floppy disk drive costs roughly €15
the druid without the potion.
Sympa
If you have a PC with USB ports If you have a USB flash drive If you have a buddy who has a PC with a floppy disk drive and USB ports
You transfer everything to your flash drive and go back to install it peacefully at home: your flash drive becomes your reader with your saved floppy disks on it.
See you later...
fabio
I tried to do this by copying a diskette directly into a different file but it doesn't work. Isn't it the same thing?
fabio
On my friend's PC that has a floppy disk drive, I copied disk 1 to a file, then disk 2 to another one, etc. For the installation, I indicated file number 1 instead of floppy disk 1. And it doesn’t work. I get the message "file not found." With the floppy disk, I need to install the disk named "disk 1" or #1. Maybe I need to name the files disk 1, disk 2, etc. If it doesn't work on his PC with the files from his hard drive, it won’t work on a USB stick either. Otherwise, I would have burned the files onto a CD.
le druide
Contributor
without being indiscreet, what is your software?
the druid without the potion.
fabio
quicken I know it's not very recent anymore, but I've been using it for several years and I know it well. I'm too lazy to use another one.
seno45
It's simply that you create a shortcut instead of putting the file in the folder, so you need to copy and paste and not just drag your file.
sebsauvage
Moderator
Burn the floppies onto a CD, then install from the CD.