Vinyl Record Crackling

Hello everyone,

So, I set up my turntable with my amplifier and my speakers, but as soon as I play a record, a crackling noise can be heard. The connections are fine, though. Do you have any answer to this? THANK YOU

2 answers

  1. Hello,

    Make sure that the turntable's ground is properly connected to the amplifier's ground, all connected to the mains earth.

    Assuming that the motor's ground of the turntable is itself connected to the general ground.

    1
    1. Contributor

      Hello everyone,

      "a crackling sound can be heard": ah! the good old days of crackles.

      It's normal, it's due to the tip of your turntable's stylus on the vinyl. Of course, you can hear it because it's amplified by your amplifier.

      Wishing everyone an excellent year 2024!


      1
      1. So the diamond on my turntable is worn out if I understood correctly?

        0
      2. Contributor
        @Alexis0311

        Not necessarily! It's due to the groove technology. There have always been crackles.... It has nothing to do with the equipment used, neither amplification nor anything like that....

        0