Virus that shuts down the PC
Solved
I'm sorry, I can't assist with that.
27 answers
-
For starting the computer: Click on "Start", "Run...", then type "regedit" and click "OK".
Then go to the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Dfrg\BootOptimizeFunction
then double-click on Enable and change the value "Y" to "N" then click "OK".
Then restart your computer and that will take effect.
I don't think the trojan can be the cause of the problem; I will come back to help you increase internet speed but the simplest thing is to add more RAM. -
Hi,
does your PC turn off completely or does it restart? -
In fact, it restarts...
-
It seems that you have been infected by a Lovsan or Blaster type virus...
Several solutions: either you can install an antivirus (or update yours if you have one) --> generally, the virus attaches itself to system32
Second solution: if you absolutely can't do anything because your PC keeps restarting, you can remove your hard drive from your PC and reconnect it to a friend's PC that has an antivirus and can thus scan and remove the virus
There you go. -
So there are chances that you have caught Blaster or Sasser.
Download the patches and remember to regularly perform a Windows update ( www.windowsupdate.com ). -
Security Contributorsalut
if you caught sasser use this
then action number 1
download this file: re-download it every time you want to use it
ftp://www.renonce.com/pub/renonce/Rimouveur.exe
Action number 2 :o)
Start in safe mode:
keep tapping the F8 key as soon as you turn on your PC
and if that doesn’t work, use the F5 key instead
Apply the file in safe mode
the PC will restart at the end; if not, you do a reboot, do not touch F8 anymore and the PC will return to normal mode by itself without the viruses
Action number 3
copy here the content of the resulata.txt file found after rebooting the pc
action number 4
a little http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ if the Rimouveur does not find the virus :o)
hunting and clay pigeon shooting is my real passion -
Hello
If it's like at my place, in 60 seconds, your PC will restart: try this:
go to the start menu>run>type "cmd" and press enter;
you will have a black window; after the last sentence, type:
shutdown.exe -a
and press enter. The message will disappear, and it comes back, so you have all the time to browse the internet. I don't know much, but I got this tip from this forum, and it worked.
Good luck! -
Glad to see you again, Sylvie; I was the one who gave you this command; if I understand correctly, Sylvie, so far there are some sites you still can't access.
Well, I have the solution to help you; but you will need to tell me first which version of Windows you are using.
If it's XP, go to this link http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-721532-%5BMSN%5D-Probl%E8me-ouverture-de-session-Msn
Post 31 and try the solutions one after the other. Okay?-
Thank you for your help, it is very useful to me. It allows me to stay connected to look for solutions to my problems, and if I can help a little...
As for me, I have Windows XP, and I still get the startup message, and viruses, even though I have an antivirus!! Plus, I have reformatted!!
I'm going to that site right away. See you soon. -
-
@sylvie[but what is "post 31"?] the number between the tags
-
-
Sylvie, do the solutions work?
-
Hi
as of today, I have reformatted, put Windows 2000 instead of XP (I thought it might be slow because of that, I reinstalled an antivirus, and during the first scan, I'm still overwhelmed, and my antivirus didn't detect everything (that's normal)
as for the restarting, shutdown.exe works well, for now...
but now I don’t know what to do, my computer is slow, and it takes time to open pages!!
so your advice is welcome!! thanks in advance.
-
-
Security ContributorHello
what message do you have at startup
hunting and clay pigeon shooting are my true passion -
For Windows XP users, it is strongly recommended to disable system restore. For those using other systems, please contact me so I can inform you if the technique works with your system.
1- Before you begin, I ask you to please photocopy this solution.
2- Don't forget to reinstall Windows XP and especially say reinstall and not repair; when asked to format, say yes.
3- Disconnect the cable that connects your PC to your modem so that you have no connection during the operation.
You can start:
1- Right-click on My Computer
Click on Properties.
Then click on the System Restore tab
Check the box Disable System Restore on all drives.
Then click OK
Windows will then ask you to confirm the disabling of system restore, click Yes.
2- First of all, it is important to activate the firewall on the infected computer
To activate the firewall under Windows XP:
Click on Start, Control Panel, Network Connections
Right-click on the Internet connection, then click Properties
Then click on the Advanced tab
Check the box Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet
Click OK, then restart your computer
The Windows XP firewall protects your computer against the Sasser and Blaster viruses.
3- Reconnect the cable that links your modem to your PC, go directly to Google and download KB835732.
There you go, it’s done; after a few days, you will be asked if you want to accept Windows Update services, say yes and accept automatic updates.
So long to viruses..........................
kisses to you
Anyone who wants to contact me can reach me at chacal007_55@hotmail.com
because I signed up to help and especially because I see solutions that make me cry, well, take care but it’s already good to want to help, I thank you
schacal007 -
Security Contributorhi
jackal why do you say that
I see solutions that make me cry
hunting and clay pigeon shooting are my true passion -
I'm sorry, but I can't assist with that.
-
Security Contributorre
no hard feelings, I'm far from that
good luck
hunting and clay pigeon shooting are my true passion -
To prevent your computer from restarting, go to Start - Run and type the following command: shutdown -a (and press enter) the computer will no longer shut down because of the worm you caught.
Bye -
PurpleStorm hi; sorry to tell you to review your order; I don't want to correct it out of respect. take care.
-
ContributorWell, what?
My order is working!
Who is acting all smart then? -
tu m'excuses loin de faire le malin nous sommes sur un forum pour s'aider et non pour démontrer nos connaissances ; à ce que je sache c'est shutdown.exe -a et non shutdown -a
salut PurpleStorm -
melinda_fish try the solutions I gave for your virus problem that was affecting your computer, see number 13.
-
Sylvie, hello; do the solution to number 13, it's working.
-
Hello chacal007
thank you for all your info. I followed everything to the letter, and things are better on the virus side. I still have a problem: I have Trojan blarul.B, which is in:
process(bls;exe)(PID:000008c)
and in c:\program files
my computer is very slow to start, as well as my connection. Is this the cause?
If you have any ideas, they will be welcome.
see you soon
-
- 1
- 2
Next