WINDOWS XP asms file problem

Can someone help me with reinstalling WINDOWS XP? I'm getting an error message asking for the path to the ASMS file and nothing works.

THANK YOU

10 answers

  1. Hello everyone!

    Well, after 2 hours of trying different topics on the net, I couldn't find a solution. (Regedit couldn't run).

    Here's my solution:

    Before the computer restarts and resumes the installation, REMOVE the Windows CD. It will then ask for the same thing again at the same moment. At that point, put it back in (then click OK). This action will "force" the drive to look for that damn folder... and FINALLY find it (for me).

    I hope this works for you... See you later :)
    21
    1. thank you, your trick works ;-)
      0
    2. Here is a very simple solution!
      So I encountered this problem with XP SP3 Sweet 2009, and when the error message appeared, I removed the XP SP3 DVD and replaced it with an XP SP3 CD-ROM, and there you go, the missing file was recovered. Then I put the XP SP3 DVD back in, and it worked perfectly!!!! from AWZGHI!!
      0
    3. saha a yobelkisse negh I just looked for a solution and I found yours, but I used mine, I used the external DVD and there are no more problems. Because we encounter this problem when there are issues with the DVD drive, so we use the external DVD drive. THANKS
      0
    4. +1 XD
      0
    5. It works for me, thanks.
      0