Increase USB drive capacity?
Solved
Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible to increase the capacity of a USB flash drive?
I have already watched tutorials that indicated that after formatting the drive and then using software, it could be expanded to around 16 GB, but then why isn’t the drive originally 16 GB? Are there any consequences on the drive or the files with this?
Looking forward to your responses,
Thank you,
Snowmann
I would like to know if it is possible to increase the capacity of a USB flash drive?
I have already watched tutorials that indicated that after formatting the drive and then using software, it could be expanded to around 16 GB, but then why isn’t the drive originally 16 GB? Are there any consequences on the drive or the files with this?
Looking forward to your responses,
Thank you,
Snowmann
3 answers
-
ModeratorHi,
They're called fake capacity keys (Fake Capacity)
They make you think you're copying onto them, but you're actually copying into nothing, the data is irretrievable.
Once fake, it's good for the trash.
Specifically, if it doesn't have 16GB, it means there isn't 16GB of memory.-
-
ModeratorIf you want a high-capacity USB drive, you buy a high-capacity USB drive.
https://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=Kingston+2TB+DATATRAVELER+ULTIMATE+GT&_sacat=0 -
-