How to uninstall Windows Messenger?

Solved/Closed
Hi. Does anyone know how to remove Windows Messenger?
Thanks in advance
Configuration: windows xp <br>connection 8 mega <br>graphics card: AGP ATI Radeon Sapphire 9600 pro 128 Mo DDR <br>hard drive: 2 of 80 go(7200 RPM) <br>RAM: 2*256 DDR <br>CPU: AMD Barton 2500+ <br>motherboard: ASUS A7N8X Deluxe

11 answers

  1. Go to telecharger.com and type uninstall Windows Messenger and you will get an answer. I did it and it uninstalled it for me, but another version persists? I'm still looking for another way to uninstall it.

    Hi.
    1
    1. Salut Fred, merci de m'avoir donné ton choix. Quand je suis rentré sur le site, je n'ai pas trouvé désinstaller Windows Messenger, mais j'ai trouvé télécharger Virtual Tennis. Mais je ne sais pas comment faire, s'il te plaît donne-moi ton email.
      0
  2. just go to add/remove programs --> add/remove Windows components, uncheck Windows Messenger, click next, and that's it.
    Then you can still check in program files if the directory hasn't been left empty.
    1
    1. impossible to do it even in adding and removing programs. I downloaded it in English too; my opinion is to reformat my PC.
      0
    2. Thank you very much thechouq, it works perfectly. I was fed up with this useless version! I prefer the old Windows Live Messenger!
      0
  3. Hi, as far as I'm concerned, what worked for me is this:
    Go to "Start", "Run" and type this command: RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%/INF/msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
    However, if you want to use it again later, you need to reinstall it completely

    there you go
    see you
    11
    1. I regret to inform you that your thing is not working. I've tried three times and it says "error this file does not exist."
      0
    2. Thank you, it worked; I've wanted to delete it completely for a long time.
      0
  4. Hello,

    An utility allows you to do it very neatly: Xp-AntiSpy.

    In addition to that, it provides a whole bunch of settings for XP:

    No more automatic updates, no more remote assistance, no more error reports, etc., etc., etc....
    All these actions are reversible, with just a checkbox.

    It’s FREEWARE.

    The latest version is available at this address:

    http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche13005-xp-antispy.html

    Good job
    2
    1. you are making things way too complicated:
      1- Click on "start"
      2- Click on "Set your default programs"
      3- Click on "custom"
      4- Uncheck the box to no longer have access with Windows Messenger...
      9
      1. Yeah, your solution is effective, but it involves installing additional software that will eat up RAM and won't be useful to me often...
        I found another simpler solution:

        Go to "Start," "Run," and type this command: RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%/INF/msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
        However, if you want to use it later, you need to reinstall it completely

        There you go, see you later!
        -2
        1. I did this manipulation to remove the old MSN, but now my Windows Live Messenger doesn't work anymore. What should I do, please?
          0