I have an Excel file that contains several tabs, but unfortunately, due to a wrong operation, I deleted some of them. Is there any possibility to recover them?
If you haven't saved, you can go back otherwise you will see a saved version before and then only transfer the deleted tab.
qmike
Hello Are you sure they are not rather hidden If so, execute the following macro Sub Show_Tabs() ActiveWindow.DisplayWorkbookTabs = True ' ' End Sub
Have a good evening
Raymond PENTIER
Contributor
Hello.
" With a false manipulation, I deleted a few ": You must have made at least TWO false moves! Indeed, since this deletion is permanent, Excel takes great care to ask for CONFIRMATION through an alert message ... Have you checked if you have a copy somewhere: USB key, CD-ROM, a friend's computer ... ? -- Retirement is nice! Especially in the Caribbean ... :-) ☻ Raymond ♂
rihab84
Author
nooooon unfortunately actually, it wasn't me who made this serious mistake because I know well what it means, but it's one of the supervisors and since I work in the technical department, I always have to find the solution.
the main problem was that 2 different people could use and modify the same document on the network share without the message saying that the document in question is read-only appearing
one works with Microsoft Office and the other with Open Office
hich24
try to find a file backup
Raymond PENTIER
Contributor
Hello. I wouldn't want to come across as unpleasant towards anyone. However, it is difficult not to point out some anomalies that need to be addressed in the future, based on this regrettable incident: "it's one of the sups" ► it's not just the executors who should receive basic training before using the equipment and handling the files. "and since I work in the technical service, I always have to find the solution" ► if a fire destroys the building and incinerates its contents, or if burglars take off with the machines, no technical service can repair the damage; and it’s too easy to make gross and consequential mistakes and then expect someone else to clean up the mess. " the main problem was that 2 different people could use and modify the same document on the network share without the message saying that the document in question is read-only appearing" ► it is obvious that network work and file sharing require discipline and rigorous handling; the settings must be carefully adjusted; and an external backup solution must be planned (and applied) so that in case of a hiccup, the IT responsible can recover the most recent version of the file before the incident. "one works with Microsoft Office and the other with Open Office" ► if you take the time to point it out, it means you are aware that this is yet another potential source of unpleasant surprises! I have never seen a horse and a donkey hitched to the same cart, nor have I seen someone wearing a roller skate on their right foot and an ice skate on their left... that usually doesn't last long!
But in the case you have presented, I'm afraid everything has been set up to ensure that disaster strikes sooner or later. In any case, don't let yourself be accused, don't take on the responsibility for solving what cannot be solved, and make sure to impose operating rules for software and file usage that are compliant, consistent, and rational. -- Retirement is great! Especially in the Caribbean... :-) ☻ Raymond ♂
rihab84
Author
Thank you for your response. I find a lot of advice that can help me in the future, and that is what I clearly think. So what external backup solution do you propose?
qmike
Hello If you work in a company with an IT department !It's still up to the IT department to deal with all these backup issues!!! Have a good evening
brunosc
Good evening, by default Excel saves every 10 minutes (check in the options if this setting is still active) And check the path where Excel saves the file. Or simply search the entire C drive with the file name.