System time under Informix

Hello

How to retrieve the system time that evolves dynamically under Informix? What query?

6 answers

  1. No change, the script lasted over 15 minutes but start time = end time

    0
    1. Thank you dear colleague

      This order works in single unit

      I’m trying it in a long-duration script to see the result

      I’ll get back to you...

      0
      1.  select sysdate from dual

        it does not recognize "dual"

          206: The specified table (dual) is not in the database.
           111: ISAM error:  no record found.
         

        0
        1. Moderator

          Try

           select sysdate from sysmaster:sysdual
          0
      2. Moderator

        Do

         select sysdate from dual

        what is displayed and what is the system time? redo the same query 15 minutes later what is displayed


        0
        1. Thank you, I have already tried this formula in an SQL procedure with several steps where I want to calibrate the start and end times. But the same time always appears.

          But the time does not change.

          0
          1. Moderator

            Hello,

            If we look at the documentation, it should be

            select sysdate from dual or select current from dual

            0