Lost Packages
Hello.
Colissimo has lost 3 packages.
I received 3 emails for these 3 packages from Colissimo acknowledging the loss.
Today, I received an email from them saying that after their investigation, one of these 3 packages was delivered to my mailbox (which is false), and the worst part is that they admit to having lost it.
Since January 2021, I have been calling 3631 (Colissimo), who tells me all sorts of things, hangs up on me, and uses vulgar language. I confess that I can't take it anymore. I'm fighting against windmills.
A 4th package was returned to the sender for the reason "no longer living at the indicated address," even though I have been living at that address for years.
Yesterday, Colissimo sent me an email saying that my package number such-and-such will be delivered in two days. Surprised (I was not expecting any packages), I checked the tracking for it on la poste.fr, where it states it is a registered letter. I wrote to Colissimo, who assures me that it is indeed a package but not intended for me.
Can anyone tell me what to do? I have around 300.00 euros of goods.
Thank you.
Soralene
Colissimo has lost 3 packages.
I received 3 emails for these 3 packages from Colissimo acknowledging the loss.
Today, I received an email from them saying that after their investigation, one of these 3 packages was delivered to my mailbox (which is false), and the worst part is that they admit to having lost it.
Since January 2021, I have been calling 3631 (Colissimo), who tells me all sorts of things, hangs up on me, and uses vulgar language. I confess that I can't take it anymore. I'm fighting against windmills.
A 4th package was returned to the sender for the reason "no longer living at the indicated address," even though I have been living at that address for years.
Yesterday, Colissimo sent me an email saying that my package number such-and-such will be delivered in two days. Surprised (I was not expecting any packages), I checked the tracking for it on la poste.fr, where it states it is a registered letter. I wrote to Colissimo, who assures me that it is indeed a package but not intended for me.
Can anyone tell me what to do? I have around 300.00 euros of goods.
Thank you.
Soralene
7 answers
-
I agree, it's pathetic. Colissimo has lost several packages for me even though they were marked as delivered.
Since then, I avoid this carrier or I make sure there will be a signature from the recipient.-
Hello AgentMulder
We no longer know which delivery service to trust. Even when asking for delivery against signature, there are problems.
I have my packages delivered to my home because I have health issues that prevent me from going out.
I am going to write to the postal mediator, this has gone too far...
The sender of the package regarding the 2 emails that Colissimo sent me, the 1st to acknowledge the loss of this package and take responsibility for it, only for 2 months later to receive an email stating that they delivered this package to my mailbox, has refunded me. But I presume that Colissimo will not refund it as it should. If that is the case, do you know what recourse the sender has against Colissimo? -
@Soralene21Since there is insurance for each shipment, the sender will be able to claim this insurance since the post office will be unable to provide the proper proof of deposit. If there are too many losses, the sender would be wise to file a complaint against the post office, which would help determine where the packages are getting lost.
As a sender, it's also important to make the right choices, meaning taking the appropriate insurance (packages with significant insurance tend to get lost strangely less often) or opting for a more expensive yet possibly more reliable transport. Deliveries to pickup points also seem to be more reliable (I've only had one issue with them in 10 years), but you need to find one near your home. And with the curfew at 6 PM, it's less easy to stop by. -
@AgentMulderIs there insurance for each package taken out by the sender with Colissimo? If so, Colissimo is obligated to reimburse it, which means the sender loses nothing?
Since 2018, I have been ordering from them, and I have never encountered any issues; the package was delivered to a pickup point. In 2 months, Colissimo has lost 3 packages and returned one to the sender for "no longer residing at the indicated address," even though I have lived here for years. I had to pay for delivery twice. The sender had it delivered to a pickup point, and there were no problems.
I am going to start getting deliveries through Mondial Relay again.
It's frustrating to fight against windmills. I was told to write to them via their email address, but I can't access it.
-