PhotoRec Installation

Solved
Good evening,

I am new to MacOS and I can't install PhotoRec. The fact is that I am using Catalina in x64. Could someone provide me with the steps to follow?

5 answers

  1. I finally found the command that allows you to launch Testdisk

    sudo TestDisk


    This article is very detailed
    https://www.anyrecover.com/hard-drive-recovery-data/how-to-use-testdisk/#pat2
    0
    1. Hello,

      Warning: testdisk 7.1 is already installed and up-to-date
      To reinstall 7.1, run `brew reinstall testdisk`
      marshallmilleret@Cartagena-P ~ %

      What command should I use to run it?
      0
      1. Hello,

        However, I installed it via Homebrew from the terminal...

        Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/testdisk-7.1.catalina.bottle.tar.gz
        ==> Downloading from https://akamai.bintray.com/66/66c4088c77794a244fd5b38fa39216eb8d6a09b9e4efd5e68a249e9b5df65606?__gda__=exp%3D158
        ######################################################################## 100.0%
        ==> Pouring testdisk-7.1.catalina.bottle.tar.gz
        ???? /usr/local/Cellar/testdisk/7.1: 22 files, 1.7MB
        0
        1. Following the installation instructions, after installing Homebrew, I launch TestDisk and I paste a copy of the window that appears. I can't go any further.

          Last login: Fri Apr 10 10:32:50 on console
          mars@Cartagena-P ~ % /Users/mars/Downloads/testdisk-7.1\ 3/testdisk ; exit;
          zsh: bad CPU type in executable: /Users/mars/Downloads/testdisk-7.1 3/testdisk

          [Process completed]
          0
          1. Okay
            0
          2. Hello,

            I see "
            bad CPU type in executable
            ", which clearly means it doesn't like your processor model...
            The PhotoRec you downloaded may not be compatible with your Mac and/or Catalina.
            0
        2. Hello
          What happens when you install it?
          Ritchi
          0