What is Postmaster Outlook?
-
Hello,
I've been having an issue lately with a friend's email address,
When I send him an email, I receive a return email from postmaster@mail.hotmail.com:
"This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed."
What does that mean? I didn't understand anything, thank you.
1 answer
-
ModeratorHello,
this means that the email address seems incorrect or that there is a problem with the delivery of the email; generally, the reason can be found a little further down in this same email.
--
~ To know how to listen is to possess, besides one's own, the brains of others... said Leonardo da Vinci.-
Below is what you need:
Final-Recipient: rfc730;***********@live.com
Action: failed
Status: 5.5.0
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <*******@gmail.com>
To: **********@live.com
Cc:
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 18:10:12
Subject: e
And I still don't understand anything? -
Moderator@JitgieDiagnostic-Code: smtp;550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
The email address you seem to be sending your email to is unavailable.
It appears that it is either not activated or it needs to be verified, so the owner must log in to the Outlook site and reactivate it, after which they should normally be able to receive their emails. -
@Judge_DTDoes that mean the address doesn't exist?
-
Moderator@JitgieNo, it means she is not available.
As I said, the owner probably needs to check it or something, or Microsoft has suspended the account for security reasons, so the owner needs to log in. -
@Judge_DTAnd if he doesn't log in, his address will be deleted, right?
I went to the site: www.cleancss.com/email-validator to check if the account still exists, and it doesn't. It tells me that "address@live.com is not valid" Is it a good site to check if an email account exists?
-